Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who does the ordinary man contact?

1. Apr 11, 2016 #1
    hi unlike probably every one else on this forum, I am neither a scientist, a student, nor a teacher. What I am is very interested in theoretical physics.
    Any way what I would like to know or would like help with is where or who I could approach with a theory on dark matter/ energy which questions if there ever was a Big Bang and solves why everything within galaxies has gravity and the galaxies themself do not or cannot move around one another. I just really want someone to say either I'm wrong and why? Or I am right and it is so simple it's ridiculous. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Galaxies can and do move around one another.

That's not what we do here on PF. If you would like to discuss which mainstream cosmological theories there are, you are free to do so. However, if you're trying to talk about a personal theory or idea then you've come to the wrong forum. You can contact myself or another mentor if you are unsure if you're questions involve mainstream science or not.

Thread locked.

4. Apr 11, 2016 #3

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I suggest you read this insight: https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/wont-look-new-theory/
    The chances you have figured out something revolutionary are miniscule. In particular if you are not aware of the state of the art.

There was a comparison in the discussion thread which was quite spot on. If you call a professional football club and ask for a tryout, what do you think their response would be?

Since there is an Insight on the subject and it has been asked over and over on this forum, this thread is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook