Who is the dedicated mentor behind the scenes of this site?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary: I'm not sure why all of you feel like you need to have a thread to thank Greg. After all, each month, we do a virgin sacrifice for him! Is that not enough?:)
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ever now and again I like to thank the mentors for all the work they do daily. But today I'd like to thank Greg Bernhardt for how much time he spends keeping the site up and running. Not only that but he is always working on improving it here while behind the scenes.

Thank you Sir Greg.

Physics news on Phys.org
I concur!

I haven't been on PF all that long, but I'm impressed by all the time and effort Greg has been putting into it for many many years now!
The last giant effort I've seen is the upgrade of the LaTeX engine and it looks good!

Nice going Greg! :smile:

Thanks guys! As long as mentors, SAs, HHs keep doing an awesome job it frees me up to take care of things like the LaTeX.

Thank you Greg. I have so much to thank you for. I started on the internet with PF and then on FB where we reconnected with our friends and family.
I know it is written somewhere that "Good things come from good people." That's true.

A very special thanks to Greg! I love how he runs this wonderful site!

I appreciate all you do here, Greg :smile:!

All hail Greg!

Greg Rawks!

Thank you for all you do Greg!

Hail to the Supreme Lard! Oh, wait! I don't want to get Evo in trouble...

Thank you Greg for using my picture as your avatar! It means so much to me :!)

HeLiXe said:
Thank you Greg for using my picture as your avatar! It means so much to me :!)
I never knew you were such a fox! What are you doing Friday night?

I'm not sure why all of you feel like you need to have a thread to thank Greg. After all, each month, we do a virgin sacrifice for him! Is that not enough?

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I'm not sure why all of you feel like you need to have a thread to thank Greg. After all, each month, we do a virgin sacrifice for him! Is that not enough?

wait, what!? let's keep the virgins and sacrifice a goat! :biggrin:

Greg Bernhardt said:
OK, who wants to be a goat? There are precious few virgins in this crowd, I fear.

turbo-1 said:
I never knew you were such a fox! What are you doing Friday night?
:smile: Filing my teeth:rolleyes:
Greg Bernhardt said:

Whew! Safe.o:)

Thanks Greg... For making me a PF addict!

Thanks Greg! XoX *hugs!*

For making me a PF addict, too ;)

I wonder if we could make a decent business in having a 12-step program for PF addicts?

:)

Zz.

Yah thanks a LOT Greg. I probably would have had my thesis completed a year ago if it weren't for this site.

How much is your program ZZ?

Thankyou Greg, best forum on the web!

Greg Bernhardt said:

:bugeye:

As an old goat, I say we switch to a much more progressive form of sacrifice. Say, vegetarian?

Can I get a hand count on the idea of throwing some stale tofu into the volcano?

Please...

ps. good timing on getting out of Iceland. Hope you didn't mind me stealing your https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3299856&postcount=7043" . You know I don't get out much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:
Yah thanks a LOT Greg. I probably would have had my thesis completed a year ago if it weren't for this site.

Ha! Look who's delaying his work to the last minute! :biggrin:

How much is your program ZZ?

Program! What program? Where? :-p

Edit: Just read Zz's post, nah I'm ok I can handle it. :biggrin:

I thought it was a physics research program or something... Don't ask, I don't know.

Last edited:

1. Who is the dedicated mentor behind the scenes of this site?

The dedicated mentor behind this site is a team of experienced developers and designers who work tirelessly to ensure the site runs smoothly and provides a great user experience. They may not have a specific name or face, but their dedication and hard work can be seen in the functionality and design of the site.

2. What is the role of the mentor in this site?

The mentor's role is to provide guidance and support to the team working on the site. They use their expertise and experience to help make important decisions, troubleshoot any issues, and ensure the site is constantly improving.

3. How does the mentor choose what content is featured on the site?

The mentor works closely with the team to review and approve content before it is featured on the site. They also take into consideration the site's target audience and overall goals when making decisions about what content to feature.

4. Can anyone become a mentor for this site?

No, the mentor for this site is chosen based on their experience and expertise in the field. They are carefully selected by the team and may have specific qualifications or credentials that make them well-suited for the role.

5. How can I contact the mentor if I have a question or suggestion?

There is no direct way to contact the mentor of this site, but you can reach out to the team through their designated contact channels. They are always open to hearing feedback and suggestions from users to help improve the site.