Who is the strangest person on Physics Forums?
- Thread starter Lisa!
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
103 replies · 11K views
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
All PFers are strange to me, they think science and mathematics will solve
the mystery of the universe, but i know only the elves and gnomes have all the answers
the mystery of the universe, but i know only the elves and gnomes have all the answers
JamesU
Gold Member
- 828
- 3
if franzbear counts, I would like to nominate him.
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
Strange: Marlon, and he's only getting stranger.
Mysterious: Definitely hitssquad. I'm so used to that guy posting nothing but large chunks of copied text with no injection of personality that when he makes a joke, I get a little unnerved.
Mysterious: Definitely hitssquad. I'm so used to that guy posting nothing but large chunks of copied text with no injection of personality that when he makes a joke, I get a little unnerved.
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
Oh, and why exactly does Lisa! put an exclamation point at the end of every sentence? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an exclamation point?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
He made a joke and actually used a laughing smiley in a post recently and I did a double-take! It took me a long time just to figure out most of the content of his posts are quotes since he doesn't use quote tags! He seems to have a link for every occasion!loseyourname said:Mysterious: Definitely hitssquad. I'm so used to that guy posting nothing but large chunks of copied text with no injection of personality that when he makes a joke, I get a little unnerved.
Did I use enough exclamation points for Lisa!'s thread?!
zoobyshoe
- 6,514
- 1,255
Wow! I just realized it! Hitsquad is probably D.B. Cooper!
JamesU
Gold Member
- 828
- 3
!
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
One of the posters at the Lakers Ground forums posts as DB Cooper.
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
You mentioned about it in another thread(who communicate...)!marlon said:again ? How would you know?
Well,why do you want to know? does it make any difference in you life?marlon said:why won't you answer my question?
I'd guessed your plan. and here's your first lesson about me:Clausius2 said:OOPs.I was trying to put you under pressure to post a photo of yours.
When someone trys to put me under pressure to get what s/he wants, he won't be successful.
You know sth! It's almost marlon's fault if I don't feel like posting a pic!
By the way, I am asking you to do so. Am I not enough for you?![]()
Please don't ask me again. I explained to you why I don't do it now! By the way, what do you mean by "am I not enough for you?"
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
yomamma, I agree with you about Franzbear! He has to be strangest because his parents are too strange! He even went to the other world and came back her again!

What's your guess!?loseyourname said:Oh, and why exactly does Lisa! put an exclamation point at the end of every sentence? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an exclamation point?
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
Lisa! said:yomamma, I agree with you about Franzbear! He has to be strangest because his parents are too strange! He even went to the other world and came back her again!
What's your guess!?![]()
Your computer is missing the period key?
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
Really................loseyourname said:Your computer is missing the period key?
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Not if she means it!loseyourname said:Oh, and why exactly does Lisa! put an exclamation point at the end of every sentence? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of an exclamation point?

Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
That's a better guess!honestrosewater said:Not if she means it!![]()
heman
- 353
- 0
hypatia said:lmao@ venting the grump
Everyone here is strange, in there own ways. I tend to shy away from "normal" people.
I agree with Evo and would like to add that,
Life would have been very boring if each of us would have been like 'open books'!
Life is interesting because we don't know about each others!
language is helping us to know each other and communication behaviour is generating the fun!
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
honestrosewater said:Not if she means it!![]()
I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
They stand out from other people's sentences.loseyourname said:I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Perhaps we need to cut back on Lisa!'s caffeine consumption so she calms down and can speak without jumping around and shouting so much. These images come to mind of 4th grade girls who are talking excitedly about everything and intersperse talking with giggling. Nothing will give an adult a headache faster than being stuck in a room full of 4th grade girls, especially when they're talking about 4th grade boys, which is what they mostly talk about.loseyourname said:I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
Why do I feel this was a snide comment at me?Moonbear said:Perhaps we need to cut back on Lisa!'s caffeine consumption so she calms down and can speak without jumping around and shouting so much. These images come to mind of 4th grade girls who are talking excitedly about everything and intersperse talking with giggling. Nothing will give an adult a headache faster than being stuck in a room full of 4th grade girls, especially when they're talking about 4th grade boys, which is what they mostly talk about.![]()
![]()
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
Could you please tell where I put '!' which is strange to you? I know I use ! a lot but I do it purposely!(Oops! I did it againloseyourname said:I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.
)
Daminc
- 39
- 0
Perhaps it has something to do with her accent? I've noticed (on TV) that certain accents make it seem as if every statememnt is a question by raising their pitch at the end.
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
Moonbear said:Perhaps we need to cut back on Lisa!'s caffeine consumption so she calms down and can speak without jumping around and shouting so much. These images come to mind of 4th grade girls who are talking excitedly about everything and intersperse talking with giggling. Nothing will give an adult a headache faster than being stuck in a room full of 4th grade girls, especially when they're talking about 4th grade boys, which is what they mostly talk about.![]()
![]()
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
Daminc said:Perhaps it has something to do with her accent? I've noticed (on TV) that certain accents make it seem as if every statememnt is a question by raising their pitch at the end.
Yes, the infamous 'uptalkers.' Wouldn't that necessitate a question mark, however, rather than an exclamation mark?
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
Lisa! said:Could you please tell where I put '!' which is strange to you? I know I use ! a lot but I do it purposely!(Oops! I did it again)
You put it at the end of every normal sentence. When exactly did you start doing this? I know they couldn't have allowed it in grammar school. Do you still remember?
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
And who said those sentences are normal for me?loseyourname said:You put it at the end of every normal sentence.
Can I tell you the truth?When exactly did you start doing this?
Sure! I have some problems with ',' but be sure I know where we should put '!' .I know they couldn't have allowed it in grammar school. Do you still remember?
Daminc
- 39
- 0
Perhaps she just talks like she's giving commands or something. Or perhaps she speaks in a highly emotive voice?Yes, the infamous 'uptalkers.' Wouldn't that necessitate a question mark, however, rather than an exclamation mark?
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
Lisa! said:And who said those sentences are normal for me?
If every sentence you post is abnormal for you, what constitutes a normal sentence?
Can I tell you the truth?![]()
Knock yourself out.
Sure! I have some problems with ',' but be sure I know where we should put '!' .
I hope you're not going to say "where the sun don't shine."
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
...

Similar threads
- mitchell porter
- · Replies 62 ·
- Beyond the Standard Models
- Replies
- 62
- symbolipoint
- · Replies 8 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 8
- Thecla
- · Replies 12 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 12
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 9 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 9
- BubbaJoeLouis
- · Replies 2 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 2
- James William Hall
- · Replies 19 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 19
- hagopbul
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- I_Try_Math
- · Replies 1 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 1
- TheStatutoryApe
- · Replies 9 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 9
Announcement
berkeman joins Physics Forums as new admin
- Greg Bernhardt
- · Replies 26 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 26
