Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is using AM2 Sempron 2800+ ?

1. Aug 5, 2007 #1
    Who is using AM2 Sempron 2800+ ?

I am using it...

I like AMD, because its CPUs are cheap and efficiency...

I hate INTEL, because his motherboards are expensive, CPUs can't be upgraded to older motherboards, and CPU is quite expensive...

I will upgrade my computer to K10 on my old AM2 motherboard soon, only CPU... This helps me save a lot of money...

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2007 #2
    Really? I didnt know AMD was cheaper than Intel. Maybe my next computer will be an AMD. Dunno. Using a P4 1.5ghz now. Maybe next year.

4. Aug 5, 2007 #3
    Smart choice...

Rumor says that next AMD generation CPU K10 will be faster than Core 2 in Floating Points performance greatly clock by clock... And K10 will only use half power of Core 2 by same clock... Intel actually will lose to AMD... I feel very disappointed... In past I preferred Intel, but now is AMD...

And rumor says that next generation AMD CPU, Fusion, will use anti-hyperthreading technology, the single thread performance will equal to multi-thread performance of the Fusion CPU...

5. Aug 5, 2007 #4
    hey hey.. intel may loose to AMD, or for that matter to anybody..
    but as of now, intel has fired up the ass of AMD. core 2 duo has beaten every AMD processor flat out

currently using core2duo E6600

6. Aug 5, 2007 #5
    But soon K10 is different... K10 surely can defeat Core 2...

7. Aug 5, 2007 #6
    may be the best one win
    if so, i ll switch over to amd

8. Aug 5, 2007 #7
    Surely not...

Rumor says having HTT3's Phenoms will all win Core 2s almostly...

Unless HTT1's Barcelona is difficult in certain few tests...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?