1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is using AM2 Sempron 2800+ ?

1. Aug 5, 2007 #1
    Who is using AM2 Sempron 2800+ ?

I am using it...

I like AMD, because its CPUs are cheap and efficiency...

I hate INTEL, because his motherboards are expensive, CPUs can't be upgraded to older motherboards, and CPU is quite expensive...

I will upgrade my computer to K10 on my old AM2 motherboard soon, only CPU... This helps me save a lot of money...

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2007 #2
    Really? I didnt know AMD was cheaper than Intel. Maybe my next computer will be an AMD. Dunno. Using a P4 1.5ghz now. Maybe next year.

4. Aug 5, 2007 #3
    Smart choice...

Rumor says that next AMD generation CPU K10 will be faster than Core 2 in Floating Points performance greatly clock by clock... And K10 will only use half power of Core 2 by same clock... Intel actually will lose to AMD... I feel very disappointed... In past I preferred Intel, but now is AMD...

And rumor says that next generation AMD CPU, Fusion, will use anti-hyperthreading technology, the single thread performance will equal to multi-thread performance of the Fusion CPU...

5. Aug 5, 2007 #4
    hey hey.. intel may loose to AMD, or for that matter to anybody..
    but as of now, intel has fired up the ass of AMD. core 2 duo has beaten every AMD processor flat out

currently using core2duo E6600

6. Aug 5, 2007 #5
    But soon K10 is different... K10 surely can defeat Core 2...

7. Aug 5, 2007 #6
    may be the best one win
    if so, i ll switch over to amd

8. Aug 5, 2007 #7
    Surely not...

Rumor says having HTT3's Phenoms will all win Core 2s almostly...

Unless HTT1's Barcelona is difficult in certain few tests...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?