Who owns Physics Forums and is it a for-profit website?

  • Thread starter Thread starter petergreat
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
petergreat
Messages
266
Reaction score
4
Who owns PF? Is PF a for-profit website? Are there any full-time staff?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
i'm pretty sure it's owned by some guy named Richard D. James, you should check out his music

no, not from what i can tell

volunteers i believe
 
Greg Bernhardt, non-profit, no paid staff, although many people working full time to keep it going.
 
Borek said:
Greg Bernhardt, non-profit, no paid staff, although many people working full time to keep it going.

Well, no paid staff anyway. :wink:

I don't think we can lay claim to being non-profit.
 
Borek said:
Greg Bernhardt, non-profit, no paid staff, although many people working full time to keep it going.
Just to clarify, the people working are all volunteers, and the amount of time they are willing to spend at the forum is their own choice. There are no paid employees.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Well, no paid staff anyway. :wink:

I don't think we can lay claim to being non-profit.
There is a difference in not making a profit (or much) and filing for tax exempt status as a non-profit organization.
 
Just to clarify - when I wrote about non-profit I didn't mean legal status of the site, just that PF is not a site designed to make Greg rich.

Famous perhaps.