Who Really Coined the Quote on Time's Necessity?

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Einstein
In summary, Einstein is known for his famous quote, "Imagination is more important than knowledge," while Allen is known for his quote, "Eighty percent of success is showing up." One quote that could have been said by either Einstein or Allen is, "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Einstein was known for his groundbreaking scientific theories, while Allen was known for his comedic writing and acting. Although they were both influential figures in their respective fields, there is no record of Einstein and Allen knowing each other personally. While their quotes may differ in tone and topic, there are no direct contradictions between their beliefs.
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The quote “The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once” is attributed both to A. Einstein and Woody Allen. Does anyone know which one is the true source?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's attributed to Buckaroo Banzai here and to John Archibald Wheeler here.

I cannot definitively determine the true source of this quote without further evidence. However, it is possible that both Albert Einstein and Woody Allen independently came up with this idea, as it is a common concept in the study of time and space. It is also possible that one of them was influenced by the other's work. Ultimately, the true source of this quote may remain a mystery.

Related to Who Really Coined the Quote on Time's Necessity?

1. What are some notable quotes from Einstein and Allen?

Einstein is known for his famous quote, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Allen is known for his quote, "Eighty percent of success is showing up."

2. Can you provide an example of a quote that could have been said by either Einstein or Allen?

One quote that could have been said by either Einstein or Allen is, "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

3. Who was known for their scientific theories, Einstein or Allen?

Einstein was known for his groundbreaking scientific theories, such as the theory of relativity. Allen, on the other hand, was known for his comedic writing and acting, not for scientific theories.

4. Did Einstein and Allen know each other?

Yes, Einstein and Allen were both alive during the same time period and were both influential figures in their respective fields. However, there is no record of them meeting or knowing each other personally.

5. Do Einstein and Allen have any quotes that contradict each other?

While their quotes may differ in tone and topic, there are no direct contradictions between the quotes of Einstein and Allen. Both men had unique perspectives and ideas, but they did not necessarily oppose each other's beliefs.