Who Will Comfort Me After Losing My Beloved Antigravity Cat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
40 replies · 7K views
scorpa said:
Sorry to hear that Evo, it is awful when an animal dies, it's like losing a family member.

Not quite, but still painful.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo, probably the saddest day of my life was when I had to take Turbo to be euthanized after he had a debilitating stroke. He couldn't walk and had only limited control of his front paws, and when I said goodbye at the vet's, he licked my face and nuzzled me. I was in tears. I hope you can cope, and still hold the feeling of loss. That feeling honors our animal companions and proves that they are more than "pets". I'm sorry.
 
Thanks, it was very sad coming home from work. My "cat rabbit" wasn't here and I feel the loss of his presence so strongly. :cry:
 
turbo-1 said:
Evo, I have not seen your avatar anywhere before, but am driven to comparisons with Ophelia. Am I close?

You are close. Waterhouse also painted Ophelia but here it's Elaine of Astolat - "The Lady of Shalott".
 
Evo said:
I just found him. He was my antigravity cat, he was my rabbit. He had huge rabbit feet and a round face with rabbit ears and was the most loving thing.

Every night when I'd come home he run up to me and flop onto his back and wait to get his stomach rubbed.

The Evo child is coming over later to be with me when I bury him. I can't see to type through the tears right now.

This is him as a baby, the only picture I have.

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5121/kittens1217anv4.jpg
[/URL]
I am very sorry to hear this, Evo. As a fellow cat lover/owner i can feel your pain of losing a dearly beloved pet. I have been there as well.

regards
marlon
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my cat to a suspected car accident six months ago, I dedicated a scientific experiment to him, dedicate something to his memory yourself that way you'll never forget him.

It still hurts now, I know exactly how you feel Evo, deepest sympathies.:frown:
 
Sorry to hear about that Evo... I know what it is like to lose someone/something close as one of my good friends died in a car crash last weekend... he was 17 and just graduated high school with me.
 
rocketboy said:
Sorry to hear about that Evo... I know what it is like to lose someone/something close as one of my good friends died in a car crash last weekend... he was 17 and just graduated high school with me.
That is terribly tragic, I hope you're holding up ok.