Why Are Parts B-D of My Torque Calculations Incorrect?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
VitaX
Messages
183
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



vhqd91.jpg


Homework Equations



Torque is equal to the derivative of angular momentum with respect to time

The Attempt at a Solution



I took the derivative of each function given in parts a - d and plugged in the value for t to get my answer for the torque. I don't quite understand why parts b - d are wrong. Since it says clockwise do I reverse my signs in my final answer? The green portions represent correct answers.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi VitaX! :smile:
VitaX said:
… Since it says clockwise do I reverse my signs in my final answer?

clockwise is negative, so yes, you do reverse the sign (from the start) :wink: