Why Are Shoppers in Finland Stockpiling Toilet Paper?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mk
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 6K views
Danger said:
:smile: :smile: :smile: That's ingenious.
Agreed! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I can't think of many parts that would need to be repaired. A good hosing-down once in a while should do it.
Speaking of which, a good hosing down once in a while would solve the lack of paper problem as well. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
Agreed! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:


Speaking of which, a good hosing down once in a while would solve the lack of paper problem as well. :biggrin:
In some countries they have a hose attachment from the plumbing for this purpose (better than a bidet). But cold water is unpleasant, so I thought what if the water could be heated through electrical coils. But then your butt might be boiled instead of shredded. Anyway, if anyone here in PF decides to design the product, I hope they will keep me in mind for the marketing. :biggrin:

http://www.advancedtoilets.com/index.html
 
SOS2008 said:
But cold water is unpleasant, so I thought what if the water could be heated through electrical coils. But then your butt might be boiled instead of shredded.
Not to mention electrocuted.
 
Gokul43201 said:
Sounds possible; after all ...

There lived, by a river with a dam
A Finnish paper-mill guy named Idestam
Now he's got so much money
He thought it would be funny
To make a telephone with a webcam.

I dedicate this limerick to all ye Finns out there.

Wipe away :biggrin:

Thank you for successfully condensing the last century of Finnish history. Ok, I'll print this for concrete use if the worst happens :biggrin: ... the other options appear slightly appalling, although ingenious.
 
PerennialII said:
Thank you for successfully condensing the last century of Finnish history.
Didn't expect most folks would get it...ecxept for the Scandinavians, of course.