Why Celebrate Christmas on January 7th?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Serbian.matematika
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
Serbian.matematika
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO MEEEEE, January 7th!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
On 7 January, Orthodox Christians in Central and Eastern Europe and throughout the world celebrated Christmas. Christians of the Russian and Serbian Churches as well as the monks of Mount Athos in Greece celebrate Christmas according to the old Julian calendar. Other Churches, including those of Greece and Bulgaria, have switched to the Gregorian calendar and celebrate the holiday 13 days earlier, on 25 December.
http://www.ce-review.org/01/2/pozun2.html
 
Ah... That's interesting.

An early Merry Christmas to you then Serbian.matematika.
 
Oh thank you, thank you everybody, it is very welcome this time of year when I am suppose to celebrate but I have no one so close to be with:!)
 
I was planning to wait until Jan. 7, but in advance,

Сретан Божић и Сретна Нова Година

или

Срећан Божић и Срећна Нова Година

and in honor of the day

Cвa људскa бићa рaђajу сe слoбoднa и jeднaкa у дoстojaнству и прaвимa. Oнa су oбдaрeнa рaзумoм и свeшћу и трeбa jeдни прeмa другимa дa пoступajу у духу брaтствa!
 
Serbian.matematika, Христос се роди :smile:
 
:biggrin: I'm so happy everyone remembered my Christmas!:blushing:
Tonight there is a massive party for Christmas at the Serbian church, lots of Slavic people from Southern Ontario Canada come to this event and we all dance! It will last until Sunday morning.

Astronuc- ur amazing with your cyrillic font! I just love you! :!)

*****There will be lots of Vodka tonight!:wink:
 
Now that it actually is the 7th, Merry Christmas! Unlike Astro, I can contain my enthusiasm until the appointed date. :-p
 
Serbian.matematika said:
Astronuc- ur amazing with your cyrillic font! I just love you! :!)
Мoлим, Српска.Mатематетика

Serbian.matematika said:
*****There will be lots of Vodka tonight!:wink:
I hope you didn't overdo it. :cool:
 
Last edited:
Thank you very much. No, I did not over do it bcs I have classes tomorrow.