Why do female students listen to my professor questions without asking their own?

  • Thread starter Thread starter theoritician
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
378 replies · 45K views
theoritician said:
I reaslied I was a bit unfair. I was just a bit suspicious about your intentions but what the heck.

I like all maths and maths oriented subjects. Hobbies are mainly solo sports.

Most of the entire thread has been about 'you' getting over you being so 'self-conscious', being less inhibited, gaining some 'social confidence', etc.

Your answer (above) was one of the first that I remember reading that was. (It didn't hurt, did it, really?)

You may have some qualities that YOU think are inhibiting you from being more sociable with that woman, but whatever they are, you can either be tied up and controlled by them; or, release them one at a time, and to realize that most people have them to some degree or another (some people hide them well, behind humor, their confidence, their attractiveness, their intelligence, etc--see that 'popularity thread' for more, where ever it was for how some people get through it)-----some women may not go out for days because of a zit----
---if you dwell on the negatives, that's where you'll 'find yourself'------

If you like 'solo sports' ---keep that in mind when you see her next--it may help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Tip #176: in the class, sit next to her -- then ask her "what did the prof just say?"

Tip #133: before you sit next to her, say "hi."

Tip #217: if she responds with "hi," say "how are you?"

Tip #1296: "did you see the movie Fifth Element?"
 
Please lock this thread. People who don't listen don't deserve help.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Please lock this thread. People who don't listen don't deserve help.
Forget it, Jake. It's General Discussion.
 
EnumaElish said:
Tip #176: in the class, sit next to her -- then ask her "what did the prof just say?"

Tip #133: before you sit next to her, say "hi."

Tip #217: if she responds with "hi," say "how are you?"

Tip #1296: "did you see the movie Fifth Element?"

"I was locked in the basement till the age of 17. Could you please explain some basic things about social interactions to me?"
 
zoobyshoe said:
"I was locked in the basement till the age of 17. Could you please explain some basic things about social interactions to me?"

Talk and be understanding using emotions.
 
Had a very good talk to her as we have similar interests. Maybe got too casual and carried away with the discussion that I forgot to ask her name again! I think I know what is going on.
 
Well that's a start. :approve: Next time, ask her her name.
 
theoritician said:
Had a very good talk to her as we have similar interests. Maybe got too casual and carried away with the discussion that I forgot to ask her name again! I think I know what is going on.
Way to go, theoritician!
 
Schrödinger's Dog said:
I'm only teasing I know what you meant. You meant he was in the way :-p

Course the most depressing but kinda obvious answer is that you asked the professor what she was going to ask, and he cleared it up, so she wandered off. Next time she makes to leave ask her if she was having the same problem (something in common) If yes then get her involved in the conversation and then chat to her afterwards. If she likes you pow shazaam go for a date, then it's marriage, a honeymoon in the Bahamas, the skys the limit :smile: I'm serious about the asking her bit though. :smile:

Wise answer. Striking up a conversation is always the best way to gain information.
 
theoritician?-----

(hopefully you're too occupied to answer)
 
rewebster said:
theoritician?-----

(hopefully you're too occupied to answer)

to answer what?

Theoretically, I feel I have solved the question of the thread. What remains is to verify it experimentally.
 
Last edited:
JasonRox said:
Are you Pivoxa?
Striking similarity.
 
The trick to girls is to be yourself, maintain integrity, give and receive values, and do your own thing. Most people forget about themselves in relationships. I was that person before where all I thought about was my relationship. I guess that's normal when you're young with a nice first girlfriend.
 
theoritician said:
Theoretically, I feel I have solved the question of the thread. What remains is to verify it experimentally.
Yeah -- dip her in phenolphthalein and see what colour she turns... :-p
 
JasonRox said:
Are you Pivoxa?

If it is Pivoxa, then it means he's gotten over the girl from high school that he sees on the bus, which is a good thing!
 
JasonRox said:
The trick to girls is to be yourself, maintain integrity, give and receive values, and do your own thing. Most people forget about themselves in relationships. I was that person before where all I thought about was my relationship. I guess that's normal when you're young with a nice first girlfriend.

So you forgot about yourself. But all you thought was your relationship. Isn't that a contradiction?

I am pretty good at being myself and actually didn't follow most of the suggestions offered in this thread although maybe regretabally in some cases. But there are still opportunties ahead.
 
Last edited:
cristo said:
If it is Pivoxa, then it means he's gotten over the girl from high school that he sees on the bus, which is a good thing!

:confused:
I went to an all boys high school.

No more speculation about pivoxa please. theoritician is theoritician.
 
Last edited: