Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why does my cursor jump to the front of the word when...

1. Apr 14, 2017 #1
    Why does my cursor jump the front of the word when I press backspace?

It happens in the Introductory Homework forum. It's not happening as I type this and doesn't happen on any other site.

It is very annoying, does anyone know a way to fix it?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Control-Backspace erases all of the previous word. Any chance your Control key was pressed when this happened? Can you reproduce it? I just ran a test in HH/Intro Physics in a Reply window and had no problem. What OS and Browser are you using? Mobile or Laptop/PC?

4. Apr 14, 2017 #3
    Control is not being pressed. It's not deleting the whole word, it just deletes one letter then jumps to the start of the word. It doesn't happen in the reply window at the bottom of threads, but it does happen when I press the "Reply" button on specific posts.

I'm on Windows 10, using Chrome Canary, the developer version of chrome, since I was having a lot of trouble with the normal version. I guess it must be chrome doing this then.

Took me a solid 5 minutes to type this response because of this issue.

5. Apr 14, 2017 #4

berkeman

I wondered where the heck you went! :smile:

6. Apr 14, 2017 #5

mfb

2016 Award

The reply buttons on individual posts just insert text in the reply window.

Writing text in the input box is something your browser takes care of, the forum doesn't influence it. Should be a browser issue.

7. Apr 14, 2017 #6
    Okay, I'll try to reinstall the browser then.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted