Why does Tobias in Whatever sound so discordant?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 7K views
I shouldn't read depressing posts like that. Let me cheer myself up - Wolram, here are a few classics which I believe absolutely anyone can enjoy, without knowing anything about the art. Particularly, these are the least likely to be either boring or physically painful to your ears!

Hector Berlioz, Symphony Fantastique
P.I. Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 5; Violin Concerto; Piano Concerto ("No. 1", usually not stated because No. 2 and No. 3 are very obscure)
Johannes Brahms, Piano Concerto no. 2; Quintet in f minor, for piano and strings
Beethoven, Symphony No. 6 ("Pastoral"); Piano sonatas op. 53 "Waldstein", op. 81a "Les Adieux", op. 109
Frederic Chopin - the Nocturnes (very short pieces), Preludes op. 28
Felix Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto
Franz Schubert - Impromptus, op. 90; op. 144
J.S. Bach - the Cello suites; the Brandenburg concerti

(This listing is not comprehensive, merely reflecting a tiny subset of the most accessible and enjoyable music ever written. This is of course, incredibly controversial. The opinions here are solely my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Greg B, Physics Forums, or its subsidiaries or shareholders.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I usually listen to a lady, i have found i like chopin all ready, i must get something to play music on, i only have a radio for entertainment.
 
Stay away from Shostakovich :biggrin:
(Although I personally love his music)
 
Markjdb said:
Stay away from Shostakovich :biggrin:
(Although I personally love his music)

You just made that one up :smile:
 
Rach3 said:
:frown: ...[/color]

Sorry. A bit of a misunderstanding. I was meant to say 'from the composers view'