Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why doin't woman liek analyric numver thoery?

1. Jan 27, 2006 #1
    I went to the Universirty bar, and had so many drinks, but I went in frn t of eerybody and started dancing, this girl sadi hey, teach me some of your moves? SO I started talking about Dirichlet L-Sieries, but she wasn't interested.

Must have been an algebraist.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2006 #2
    Why do universities have bars?

4. Jan 27, 2006 #3
    I once met a very pretty woman who was a grad student working in Mathimatical Behavioral Science at the pub that used to be in UC Irvine. She seemed interested in my friend until we started talking about four dimensional mazes and she slipped away rather quickly.

5. Jan 27, 2006 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I once met a cute girl who subjects people to radiation - sometimes with them tied down to a table - so I married her.

6. Jan 27, 2006 #5
    I have fascinated a lot of femmes with the whole .9999...=1 bit.

7. Jan 27, 2006 #6
    By the way, my hangover is now killer.

8. Jan 27, 2006 #7
    i figured out when to slow down a bit when i go out. it's when i get to the point where i go to a/the pool table and tell everybody that since i've done so much math & know so much geometry/angles/etc i'd dominate pool... if i had any talent. if only i had the skills to play pool i would clean up because i know all about the angles, etc. i realised that's when i haven't been pacing myself very well lol.

at a new year's party i tried to relate a metrization theorem to some girls' smirnoff vodka coolers (whatever they are...) & not surprisingly they just carried on their conversation.

9. Jan 27, 2006 #8
    that could be spelt out from your last night's spelling with ease. unless you had happened to be one of those folks who don't get hangovers. who will go to hell if there's any justice since they skip so much pain here on earth.

10. Jan 27, 2006 #9
    I've never gotten a hangover :tongue: :devil:

11. Jan 27, 2006 #10

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's a very easy way to be one of those people... :wink:

12. Jan 27, 2006 #11
    Just so long as you don't start with that, it works great. :approve:

13. Jan 28, 2006 #12

I feel sorry for people who don't get hangovers. When they wake up, thats the best they're gonna feel all day. When I wake up hungover, I know that if nothing else, I can look forward to the headache, nausea, and spinning room going away.

14. Jan 28, 2006 #13
    Where's the sport in that option?

15. Jan 28, 2006 #14

Drink some pedialyte. It works miracles. Even though it is for babies w/ diarrhea, it is good at rehydrating you.

16. Jan 28, 2006 #15
    Or just don't drink at all!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?