Why doin't woman liek analyric numver thoery?

• Thread starter DeadWolfe
  • Start date
In summary, a conversation took place about various experiences with meeting people while drinking, including one interaction about mathematical concepts. The conversation also mentioned hangovers and ways to prevent or cure them. One person expressed envy towards those who do not experience hangovers, while another suggested drinking pedialyte or not drinking at all.
DeadWolfe
I went to the Universirty bar, and had so many drinks, but I went in frn t of eerybody and started dancing, this girl sadi hey, teach me some of your moves? SO I started talking about Dirichlet L-Sieries, but she wasn't interested.

Must have been an algebraist.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why do universities have bars?

I once met a very pretty woman who was a grad student working in Mathimatical Behavioral Science at the pub that used to be in UC Irvine. She seemed interested in my friend until we started talking about four dimensional mazes and she slipped away rather quickly.

I once met a cute girl who subjects people to radiation - sometimes with them tied down to a table - so I married her.

I have fascinated a lot of femmes with the whole .9999...=1 bit.

By the way, my hangover is now killer.

i figured out when to slow down a bit when i go out. it's when i get to the point where i go to a/the pool table and tell everybody that since I've done so much math & know so much geometry/angles/etc i'd dominate pool... if i had any talent. if only i had the skills to play pool i would clean up because i know all about the angles, etc. i realized that's when i haven't been pacing myself very well lol.

at a new year's party i tried to relate a metrization theorem to some girls' smirnoff vodka coolers (whatever they are...) & not surprisingly they just carried on their conversation.

DeadWolfe said:

that could be spelt out from your last night's spelling with ease. unless you had happened to be one of those folks who don't get hangovers. who will go to hell if there's any justice since they skip so much pain here on earth.

inha said:
that could be spelt out from your last night's spelling with ease. unless you had happened to be one of those folks who don't get hangovers. who will go to hell if there's any justice since they skip so much pain here on earth.

I've never gotten a hangover :-p :devil:

unless you had happened to be one of those folks who don't get hangovers
There's a very easy way to be one of those people... :wink:

gravenewworld said:
I have fascinated a lot of femmes with the whole .9999...=1 bit.
Just so long as you don't start with that, it works great. :approve:

inha said:

I feel sorry for people who don't get hangovers. When they wake up, that's the best they're going to feel all day. When I wake up hungover, I know that if nothing else, I can look forward to the headache, nausea, and spinning room going away.

Hurkyl said:
There's a very easy way to be one of those people... :wink:

Where's the sport in that option?

DeadWolfe said:

Drink some pedialyte. It works miracles. Even though it is for babies w/ diarrhea, it is good at rehydrating you.

Or just don't drink at all!

Related to Why doin't woman liek analyric numver thoery?

1. Why do women typically avoid studying analytic number theory?

There is no inherent reason why women would avoid studying analytic number theory. It is possible that societal and cultural factors may discourage women from pursuing certain fields of mathematics, but there is no scientific evidence to suggest that women are less interested or capable in this particular area of study.

2. Is there a biological reason why women may not excel in analytic number theory?

No, there is no biological reason why women would not excel in analytic number theory. Studies have shown that there is no significant difference in mathematical ability between men and women. Any variations in achievement are likely due to social and environmental factors.

3. Are there fewer women in analytic number theory because it is a male-dominated field?

While it is true that there are fewer women in analytic number theory, it is not because the field is inherently male-dominated. Historically, women have faced barriers in accessing higher education and pursuing careers in mathematics. However, efforts are being made to promote diversity and inclusion in the field, and there is a growing number of women making significant contributions to analytic number theory.

4. Can women be successful in analytic number theory?

Absolutely. There is no reason why women cannot be successful in analytic number theory. Like any other field of mathematics, success in analytic number theory requires dedication, hard work, and a strong aptitude for problem-solving. Women have the same potential for success in this field as men.

5. How can we encourage more women to pursue analytic number theory?

To encourage more women to pursue analytic number theory, we need to address the underlying societal and cultural barriers that may discourage women from pursuing mathematics in general. This can include promoting positive role models, providing mentorship opportunities, and creating a supportive and inclusive environment for women in the field. Additionally, it is important to showcase the diverse applications and exciting advancements in analytic number theory to attract more individuals, regardless of gender, to the field.