Why haven’t we given any other species the gift of language?

  • Topic: Lingusitics 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Whipley Snidelash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Language
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 4K views
Whipley Snidelash said:
Why haven’t we given any other species the gift of language? It’s pretty clear that there are several other species with not only the capability to learn communication, like sign language, but also the ability to pass it on. We have seen various primates and others pass on the knowledge of tool use. Why hasn’t anyone realized that we can give some of them the gift of language? It might even help stop some poaching.
Why should we? We should let them discover language on their own. And different species are competitors with each other.We shouldn't help them come to our level because something like the planet of the apes could happen.This may sound very awful but it is the truth if another species comes to our level(with our help or not) then they will have the same needs with us.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Whipley Snidelash said:
Do you think I am talking about animals in zoos? Do you think I’m studying a group of gorilla in the wild? My God these replies make me think that they’re smarter than us. Course I’ve seen that I’ve seen everything I’ve seen more than any 10 of you have ever seen I’m almost 70. You ever heard of sign language?should check it out it’s not new but it’s interesting. Crows don’t have arms but they know how to gesture but you probably haven’t seen that either
If they were indeed smarter than us then we wouldn't have to make this conversation.