Why is My IP Address Showing as US Instead of France? Possible Server Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mokae
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Mokae
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Could someone tell me why my IP belongs to US whereas I am in France ? Yes I am inb France, someone has done something in the server ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Mokae said:
Could someone tell me why my IP belongs to US whereas I am in France ? Yes I am inb France, someone has done something in the server ?
The person that registered the IP address apparently registered one in the US. I had a friend in Italy that wanted his company to appear in the US, so selected a US IP address.
 
There is thing, called proxy. You can hide your IP address, with another one. Are you using geolocator? Sometimes the geolocators make huge mislocations.
 
Do a whois on it to find more information if you need to.