Why is Post Under Moderation?

• Thread starter Questionable Thought
  • Start date
In summary, the term "Granular Materials, or Granular Solids" is not appropriate and should be updated.
Questionable Thought
3) Historically, it's understood Solid describes both phase state & matter behavior, whereas Fluid describes matter behavior for variety phase states

-So instead of Solid Mechanics/Dynamics, I think that this term should be updated
-is there more general term instead of solid, as in the same spirit as fluid term? Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Granular Materials, or Granular Solids

(Question does not match the topic title.)

symbolipoint said:

I want you to read portion of my post that is deleted/Under Moderation

symbolipoint said:

but hey that term GRANULAR is pretty cool...thank you for your opinion

I looked at the very few posts you made according to your profile section. I could find none in the locked under moderation. Must have been deleted - likely for good reason. Suggest is do not repost whatever it was on the forum. Think carefully about whatever it was that you wanted to ask. Since we cannot see it now, you are the person who needs to decide or figure out what was unacceptable about it.

symbolipoint said:
I looked at the very few posts you made according to your profile section. I could find none in the locked under moderation. Must have been deleted - likely for good reason. Suggest is do not repost whatever it was on the forum. Think carefully about whatever it was that you wanted to ask. Since we cannot see it now, you are the person who needs to decide or figure out what was unacceptable about it.

Likely for good reason? Please see my current rephrased post and attachment:

Please see: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/idealfluid-describe-behavior-of-matter-in-phase-states-of-liquid-gas.969708/

I think that is very beaucratic and punishes someone for trying to understand world around them. Sorry if the only entertainment moderators get is from deleting someone's post.

symbolipoint said:

By the way the above question was from my post that was deleted

I see nothing bad in : https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/idealfluid-describe-behavior-of-matter-in-phase-states-of-liquid-gas.969708/ ; I gave my best guess about what to call a flowable solid, here though ; not there, because I first found the question here. Fine details about phases or states of matter, you could expect from a mechanical engineer. Otherwise the topic is confusing for some of us.

symbolipoint said:
I see nothing bad in : https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/idealfluid-describe-behavior-of-matter-in-phase-states-of-liquid-gas.969708/ ; I gave my best guess about what to call a flowable solid, here though ; not there, because I first found the question here. Fine details about phases or states of matter, you could expect from a mechanical engineer. Otherwise the topic is confusing for some of us.
Ok

Yea so for anyone else that may look into that, here is screenshot (3) evidence post was deleted by so called moderator below. Also last screenshot shows response I received from PF saying 'that's what we do' for deleting my post... Thanks

I suggest to stay with the specific technical topic question; otherwise this thread too could be placed in moderation and possibly closed or deleted.

Likes Questionable Thought
If mentors find something in your thread that might violate the rules of the site, they'll put it under moderation. Don't be upset or angry, learn from what they say and try to make necessary changes in your next post.

If a thread is under moderation, please don't ask about it publicly. As you've seen, a mentor will post a note regarding the moderation. If you have any question, contact the mentor through private message by clicking on his/her username and "Start a conversation". Moderation discussions are not to be made public under the site rules.

Likes dextercioby
Who is upset/angry? Why are you assuming I am angry and upset?

Anyway, but what I am aware of is that there may/or may not be bureaucracy here. Please feel free to threaten deletion and do it.

I apologize if this little post has offended you, but felt this was appropriate to express concern in the Feedback and Announcements forums. Sometimes one has to lean hard way and look elsewhere for guidance. Thanks for professionalism

symbolipoint said:
I suggest to stay with the specific technical topic question; otherwise this thread too could be placed in moderation and possibly closed or deleted.

By the by, I know that I have not deviated from this post original ‘specific technical’ question. If you couldn’t tell, the post title is WHY IS MY POST UNDER MODERATION..

Original Topic Post:
Lou Tkach said:
3) Historically, it's understood Solid describes both phase state & matter behavior, whereas Fluid describes matter behavior for variety phase states

-So instead of Solid Mechanics/Dynamics, I think that this term should be updated
-is there more general term instead of solid, as in the same spirit as fluid term? Any suggestions?
Confusing. The post #1 is a technical question, not exactly clear. Some thought then given, and a response to just this technical question then followed. I myself did not see the deleted post and did not find the right traces of what might have been deleted. I only find that content here in post #1 did not match TOPIC of this ,"

"

symbolipoint said:
Original Topic Post:

Confusing. The post #1 is a technical question, not exactly clear. Some thought then given, and a response to just this technical question then followed. I myself did not see the deleted post and did not find the right traces of what might have been deleted. I only find that content here in post #1 did not match TOPIC of this ,"

"

I think you’re missing the point. This current post title is WHY IS POST UNDER MODERATION.

I did not deviate from post. The content of this post DIRECTLY concerns it’s title.

Like you said, earlier, ‘topic is confusing for some of us’. That’s being made clear. Thanks 🙏🏽

Lou Tkach said:
I think you’re missing the point. This current post title is WHY IS POST UNDER MODERATION.

I did not deviate from post. The content of this post DIRECTLY concerns it’s title.

Like you said, earlier, ‘topic is confusing for some of us’. That’s being made clear. Thanks 🙏🏽
I was slow figuring out what you now summarized in above quote.

Now I saw the related question posted in the Chemistry board or section, still without a response. I am guessing that a good response might come from someone with mechanical engineering knowledge.

Will consider

Wrichik Basu said:
If mentors find something in your thread that might violate the rules of the site, they'll put it under moderation. Don't be upset or angry, learn from what they say and try to make necessary changes in your next post.

If a thread is under moderation, please don't ask about it publicly. As you've seen, a mentor will post a note regarding the moderation. If you have any question, contact the mentor through private message by clicking on his/her username and "Start a conversation". Moderation discussions are not to be made public under the site rules.

You’re under the assumption that I am angry/upset? What is more, you’re assuming I was given any response from moderator

symbolipoint said:
I looked at the very few posts you made according to your profile section. I could find none in the locked under moderation. Must have been deleted - likely for good reason.
That's not what's going on here. The post in question is "in the moderation queue", a status in which only the original poster and mentors will see it and can respond to it. Sometimes this happens automatically (the spam filter does this with its posts that trigger its automated rules), sometimes one of the mentors does this with posts that need discussion among ourselves.

I just woke up, haven't even looked at the mentors' discussion area to see what's happening with this thread yet. But give us some time and one way or another we'll have @Lou Tkach post out of limbo.

• Skeptical
This thread about a thread is closed

Likes baldbrain, anorlunda and Wrichik Basu

1. Why do some posts go under moderation?

Posts may go under moderation for a variety of reasons such as containing inappropriate content, violating community guidelines, or being reported by other users.

2. How long does it take for a post to be approved from moderation?

The length of time for a post to be approved from moderation varies depending on the platform and the specific circumstances. It could take anywhere from a few hours to several days.

3. Can I appeal a post that has been put under moderation?

It is possible to appeal a post that has been put under moderation. However, the process and criteria for appeal may differ depending on the platform. It is best to refer to the platform's guidelines for more information.

4. Will my post be deleted if it is put under moderation?

Not necessarily. If a post is put under moderation, it does not automatically mean it will be deleted. It will go through a review process and may be approved or rejected based on the platform's guidelines.

5. How can I avoid having my posts put under moderation?

To avoid having your posts put under moderation, make sure to follow the platform's community guidelines and avoid posting inappropriate content. It is also helpful to review your posts before publishing them to ensure they comply with the guidelines.