Why isn't organic nitrogen in commercial inorganic fertilizers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Soaring Crane
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Soaring Crane
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
In commercial inorganic fertilizers, I know that nitrogen is included in it like urea and nitrate ions, but organic nitrogen is not included in it, right?

Thanks.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Urea is an organic substance; so it can't be regarded as an inorganic fertilizer. Inorganic fertilizers include ammonium nitrate as a rich nitrogen supply. Bacterial flora can deal with this compound to synthesize the required nitrogeneous compounds. I remember the "urea cycle" in my biochemistry lessons; in there, fumaric acid is also produced. Fumaric acid is also present in Krebs' cycle, giving malic acid from succinic acid. I mean that nitrogeneous compounds can combine with some physiologically active compounds to give the required chemicals.