Why don't gneill and SammyS have homework helper badges?

  • Topic: Complaint 
  • Thread starter Thread starter zorro
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Thank you for your nominations!

Oh! so we have to nominate homework helpers here? I thought PF mentors are responsible for that.
 
Abdul Quadeer said:
Oh! so we have to nominate homework helpers here? I thought PF mentors are responsible for that.

The staff nominate, but they all listen to members input, especially when not all of the staff are actively involved in the HW forum. So if a member thinks that another member deserves the recognition, by all means, mention that here, or contact a mentor directly.

Zz.
 
I nominate "I Like Serena". She might not have reached 1000 yet, but she's incredibly helpful.
 
micromass said:
...there's a policy that a member must have 600 posts...

Is that in denary?
 
jhae2.718 said:
Is that in denary?

No, that is in (mod 601), so somebody with -1 post could also qualify...
 
Femme_physics said:
I nominate "I Like Serena". She might not have reached 1000 yet, but she's incredibly helpful.
I could be wrong, but my guess is that I Like Serena is a guy.
 
jhae2.718 said:
50-50 chance...
I'd say more like 60-40 or 70-30 in favor of being a guy. His/her profile page says degree in CS and math, which tend to be more male oriented, unless things have changed a lot since I was in school.
 
Mark44 said:
I'd say more like 60-40 or 70-30 in favor of being a guy. His/her profile page says degree in CS and math, which tend to be more male oriented, unless things have changed a lot since I was in school.

I don't know, when I was studying mathematics, then I was the only male in a class of 15...
 
I think we need to get some statistics and work out the probability.

I can't find any recent numbers.
 
jhae2.718 said:
50-50 chance...

More like 0% or 100%.
 
I nominate that penguin guy. Sometimes he knows his stuff.
 
Pengwuino said:
I nominate that penguin guy. Sometimes he knows his stuff.

Ah but does he know anybody else's?
 
DaveC426913 said:
Ah but does he know anybody else's?

I know your stuff!
 
You have to past a quiz first:

Calculate the maximum velocity of a sheep in a vacuum in furlongs per fortnight.
 
jhae2.718 said:
You have to past a quiz first:

Calculate the maximum velocity of a sheep in a vacuum in furlongs per fortnight.

Easy. 1 Sheep-speed.

That question was as easy as "What is the mass of the Sun?" "One solar mass".
 
Pengwuino said:
Easy. 1 Sheep-speed.

That question was as easy as "What is the mass of the Sun?" "One solar mass".

Or what is the mass of 1 kilogram :wink:
 
Locked pending moderation decision.

If you think someone deserves a recognition, don't hesitate to contact one of the mentors to point us to the user. Be sure we will take your recommendations into consideration.