Why quantum physics like a math theory till a physics theory

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of quantum physics in explaining various physical phenomena, including the behavior of subatomic particles and the practical applications in technology such as computer processors. The example of using quantum mechanics to increase the storage capacity of flash memory is also mentioned. However, due to language barriers, the exact question being asked is unclear and the conversation is left unresolved.
stackprogramer
why quantum physics like a math theory till a physics theory,it never describe a of phoneme ?
it write equation between many Hypothetical objects!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand your question. Quantum theory is the most comprehensive physical theory today. It is very well tested and explains correctly a wast amount of phenomena from elementary particle physics, nuclear physics, atomic and molecular physics, condensed-matter physics, and quantum optics and electronics. Of course, it's very mathematical but it is very well founded on observational physics.

Likes GammaRay, bhobba and stackprogramer
It describes in great detail and with exquisite accuracy the behavior of atomic and subatomic particles.

[EDIT] Beat me to it.

Likes GammaRay and stackprogramer
stackprogramer said:
it never describe a of phoneme ?

Eh, what? :oldconfused:

stackprogramer said:
why quantum physics like a math theory till a physics theory,it never describe a of phoneme ?
it write equation between many Hypothetical objects!

Unless you typed this via telepathy, the VERY device you are using works due to quantum mechanics. This device looks hypothetical to you?

Zz.

Eh, what? :oldconfused:
sorry,my mean was it never portraits a phoneme ?real image of phoneme!

I'm still confused about what you mean by "phoneme". Here's what I understand by it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoneme

Or are you really talking about quantum-mechanical analysis of human speech? :wideeyed:

Likes stackprogramer
you are right,Phenomenon not phenome , i was wrong excuse me ,thanks for attention.

Ah, "phenomenon". Now it's obvious to me, but before this, it wasn't. Besides physics, I'm also interested in languages, so I got stuck on that word. Carry on...

stackprogramer said:
real image of phoneme!
You need a camera or any other apparatus with similar function to capture a phenomenon, not a quantum physics. Direct observation of atomic and molecular systems may not be achievable with today's technology, but researchers worldwide have devised various ways to observe the "interior" of atoms and molecules indirectly, and their measurements agree well with the theories of quantum physics up to the uncontrollable sources of error.

I think he's asking about practical uses of quantum theory, like computer processors or something like that.

stackprogramer, can you try to clarify your question? I recognize that English is probably not your first language, but it would help if you could explain your question more. Can you give us a specific example of a phenomenon that is related to your question?

Maybe it's the same kind of critique Newton got for his grav.theory, that the underlying mechanism is lacking in the theory and it is more of a mathematical description.

stackprogramer, can you try to clarify your question? I recognize that English is probably not your first language, but it would help if you could explain your question more. Can you give us a specific example of a phenomenon that is related to your question?
really i am not a Physicist,i am only likes physics and math.ok i sended an example
I think he's asking about practical uses of quantum theory, like computer processors or something like that.
you guessed right.

hi dears ,thanks for your attention ,
it is an example.
i explain more now.we have memory flash 16 Gigabyte.every one know we use transistor collection cell (like flip-flop) for saving a bit,size of our flash is about a thumb.16 giga is 16 *10^9*8 bit,if we have a theory ,that illustrate motion of electron,like determine spin of a electron.wait ...
now we have for a 1cm^3 Si ,we have about 4*10 ^22 atom,if we use atom for saving byte ,
now we have more 10 ^22 byte i.e. 10^10 TB for a mini flash ,its has not any limitation.
we a day or Tomorrow's need like a theory that illustrate every one,and .....

Thank you that you tolerate me, goodluck

@stackprogramer, I'm going to criticize you for being lazy. You could have easily googled something like "applications of quantum mechanics" and you would have been inundated by tons of examples of real "phenomena" that can only be accurately described by it. The whole field of solid state physics, which is responsible for your computers, mobile phones, etc.. sprang out of quantum mechanics!

Zz.

Likes Vanadium 50 and vanhees71
jtbell said:
Ah, "phenomenon". Now it's obvious to me, but before this, it wasn't. Besides physics, I'm also interested in languages, so I got stuck on that word. Carry on...
It seems he is Chinese, so bear with him.

Thread closed pending moderation

[Added by another mentor] I think we'd better leave this closed because the language barrier appears to be too high for understanding the OP's questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why is quantum physics considered a math theory?

Quantum physics is considered a math theory because it relies heavily on mathematical equations and calculations to describe and predict the behavior of particles and systems on a microscopic level. These equations, such as the Schrödinger equation, allow us to make precise predictions about the behavior of quantum particles.

2. How is quantum physics different from classical physics?

Quantum physics is different from classical physics in that it describes the behavior of particles at a microscopic level, while classical physics describes the behavior of larger objects. Quantum physics also introduces the concept of uncertainty, where the exact position and momentum of a particle cannot be known simultaneously.

3. Can quantum physics be used to understand the world around us?

Yes, quantum physics can be used to understand the world around us. It helps explain the behavior of atoms, molecules, and subatomic particles, which make up the world we live in. Many modern technologies, such as transistors and lasers, rely on our understanding of quantum physics.

4. Why is math important in quantum physics?

Math is important in quantum physics because it provides a precise and universal language to describe and understand the behavior of quantum particles. Without the use of math, it would be difficult to make accurate predictions and calculations in quantum physics.

5. Is quantum physics just a theory?

No, quantum physics is not just a theory. It has been extensively tested and verified through experiments, and its predictions have been proven to be accurate. It is a well-established framework that has been used to make advancements in various fields, including technology and medicine.