Why won't PayPal accept my credit card for PF subscription?

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
turbo
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
3,181
Reaction score
57
I tried to re-subscribe to PF this morning, and PayPal won't accept my credit card. Can't figure out why, for the life of me. Help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I called them. My card is fine and my account has a huge line of credit. According to customer service, PayPal has not even attempted to submit my subscription payment. Time to find contact info for PayPal, and sit around on hold for an hour, I guess.
 
PayPal still won't accept the card, though the PP customer service reps say there is nothing wrong with the card.
 
jedishrfu said:
From web searches it seems PayPal has a history of not processing credit cards and not providing info on why.

You can't deduce too much from that, because people who DON'T have any problem with PayPal are unlikely to post that fact on web forums!

@Turbo, have you logged onto the Paypal site directly (https:whatever-it-is) to check your account details and if you have any messages? FWIW they changed their systems in Europe sometime last year because of new financial regulations following the banking crisis, which meant I effectively had to answer a few questions to carry on using my account. (Whether there was any point having to answer questions that amounted to "are you a potential terrorist or money launderer" is another matter, but ticking the right boxes was painless enough).
 
AlephZero said:
@Turbo, have you logged onto the Paypal site directly (https:whatever-it-is) to check your account details and if you have any messages?.
I don't have a PayPal account. I used a link to Greg's account to pay directly with a CC. I have been doing that in the past and it always worked fine, using the same CC.
 
Last edited: