Will China be the first country to return to the moon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter donglepuss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    China Moon
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
9 replies · 2K views
donglepuss
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
I think so. What do you think?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe on paper NASA is supposed to get there sooner. It is really a question on whether it is a priority for China.
 
scottdave said:
I guess you talking about people? It is possible. Hard to predict for sure.
Yes, I’m talking about a manned flight.
 
The only country that can _return_ to the Moon is USA.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: wukunlin, russ_watters, Astronuc and 5 others
Borek said:
The only country that can _return_ to the Moon is USA.
Reminds me of this:
Lewis Carroll said:

“Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?
Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.
March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.
Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.”
​

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: scottdave and PeroK
Borek said:
The only country that can _return_ to the Moon is USA.
How is it that you were the only person to notice this? I've been dropping the ball...
 
I disagree.
"We came in peace for all mankind"covers any return.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: hmmm27, gmax137 and Tom.G
hutchphd said:
I disagree.
"We came in peace for all mankind"covers any return.
That's only because there weren't any Moon creatures to overcome, exterminate or enslave!
 
donglepuss said:
Will China be the first country to return to the moon?
Unlikely. They are working on a different focus: manned space stations, and to be honest, I think that's a more promising direction on the long run than landing on a hostile, dusty, useless planetoid.
To aim for the Moon would take ~ a decade for them.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters