Will people buy a physics textbook writed by a 18 years old ?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
ricky33
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
If I writed a physics textbook at 18 that countain all physics equations laws texts and facts from grade 9 to the first year of undergrad (freshman) and I will put in the book from where and how was derived each equation . Will people buy my textbook as a 18 years old ? And can I find a publisher ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I hope you realize that you'll face plenty of competition from established authors who've been writing textbooks for decades.
 
Nobody will buy a text "writed" by someone who is not an expert in the field.

As was said in a previous thread of yours:

ZapperZ said:
I question your sense of reality, as if making "a good theoretical discovery" at ANY age is a common thing, much less at the age of 21.

CalcNerd said:
However, it is definitely pretentious of you, at the very least (and more like manically egotistical) to think that you actually belong in the above crowd

This was good advice.
 
ricky33 said:
If I writed a physics textbook at 18 that countain all physics equations laws texts and facts from grade 9 to the first year of undergrad (freshman) and I will put in the book from where and how was derived each equation . Will people buy my textbook as a 18 years old ? And can I find a publisher ?
ricky33, if you want to write a textbook then you need to seriously improve your writing. Regardless of the content, you will need to learn to write like a professional.

I recommend that you take this up at a writer's forum, not here. Thread closed.