Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will the time will eventually stop like a snapshot?

1. May 14, 2015 #1
    Hi I have just read something about the ultimate fate of the universe and one of the theories claims that "Time will eventually stop like a snapshot and never start again" I know it may stop oneday when entrophy reaches maximum but Is that true , but this theory claim that it will be like a "snapshot" I meant even when we are alive and entrophy isn't maximum time will just stop, Is that possible or HOAX?

Here is article, check 7th theory;

http://listverse.com/2014/04/11/10-theories-on-how-the-universe-will-end/

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2015 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Thread locked, pending moderation.

4. May 14, 2015 #3

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Hi Lightermahn,

Unfortunately the idea that time simply stops isn't accepted by mainstream science at this time, and according to PF rules cannot be discussed. That's not to say that it isn't science, only that mainstream scientists don't consider it a likely possibility at this time. The most probable fate of the universe, as far as we know at this time, is heat death, but even this is fairly speculative since it is very likely we don't know enough about physics to accurately extrapolate that far into the future about the universe as a whole.

Since the topic isn't about mainstream science, this thread will remain locked. If you haven't already, please read PF Terms and Rules.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook