Will we see a Malthusian catastrophe in the 21st century?

• Thread starter The_Absolute
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the question of whether we will see a Malthusian catastrophe before the 22nd century. However, the focus shifts to the fixation on natural disasters and the belief that modern science is unable to explain the increase in natural disasters since 2000. The conversation ends with the moderator addressing the issue of paranoia and locking the thread.
The_Absolute
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No. You are really too fixated on natural disasters.

I agree with Russ.

russ_watters said:
No. You are really too fixated on natural disasters.

I am uncomfortable with the fact that even modern science and today's top notch Ph.D. scientists are completely stumped by the sudden inexplicable explosion of natural disasters which seems to have started around 2000-2001.

If they can provide a logical, scientific explanation for it, I won't stop worrying in fear about what may actually be happening.

I am not allowed to discuss those matters on this forum without being banned.

Exactly what "incredible explosion of natural disasters" are you talking about?

The_Absolute said:
I am uncomfortable with the fact that even modern science and today's top notch Ph.D. scientists are completely stumped by the sudden inexplicable explosion of natural disasters which seems to have started around 2000-2001.
This is nonsense. Scientists can't respond to an issue that doesn't exist. You're letting your paranoia control you. That's unfortunate for you, but we can neither humor your paranoia nor provide you with the help you need to adequately deal with it.

Thread locked.

1. What is a Malthusian catastrophe?

A Malthusian catastrophe is a theoretical event in which population growth outpaces the availability of resources, leading to widespread famine, disease, and social unrest.

2. Why is the 21st century a concern for a potential Malthusian catastrophe?

The 21st century is a concern for a potential Malthusian catastrophe because the world's population is expected to reach 9.7 billion by 2050, and the demand for resources such as food, water, and energy is increasing at a rapid rate.

3. What factors contribute to a potential Malthusian catastrophe in the 21st century?

Factors that contribute to a potential Malthusian catastrophe in the 21st century include overpopulation, depletion of natural resources, climate change, and unequal distribution of resources.

4. Is there evidence that a Malthusian catastrophe is already happening in the 21st century?

While there are regions of the world that are experiencing resource scarcity and food insecurity, there is no evidence that a Malthusian catastrophe is currently happening on a global scale. However, if efforts are not made to address population growth and resource management, it could lead to a catastrophic event in the future.

5. What can be done to prevent a Malthusian catastrophe in the 21st century?

Preventing a Malthusian catastrophe in the 21st century will require a combination of efforts, including sustainable resource management, population control measures, and addressing issues of inequality and poverty. It will also require cooperation and action from governments, organizations, and individuals around the world.