William Shatner for Governor General!

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
jtbell
Mentor

Answers and Replies

He's been there, done that.

No one asked me, so it's not possible that we want him as GG. Plus, he's not female nor has he been a news anchor. He's not qualified.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What next, Leonard Nimoy as Vulcan ambassador?

Nimoy would assume the role of assistant GG, obviously.

There's an assistant GG?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
First Officer?

Number One?

Oh, I see. You want to change the structure of the Canadian government. Make us all 21st century and all. :wink:

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I don't think this is serious enough for P&WA, but if others disagree, feel free to move it. :rolleyes:
A second rate sci-fi actor as governer? - the Americans would laugh at us.

And that would be different, how?

Evo
Mentor
Georgina, you're definitely getting nominated for funniest member this year. You crack me up. :biggrin:

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The markets are already reacting to the news - the currency tracker has gained a little "?" button which explains that this number means the CDN$ is above the US$

I assume the bank didn't have a :surprised symbol

turbo
Gold Member
Why not Peter Jennings or Alex Trebek? Even Neil Young would be an improvement over Shatner.

Oh, we have been laughing for a long time at our hat. This could actually give Canada an ounce of credibility on the worlds stage.

The markets are already reacting to the news - the currency tracker has gained a little "?" button which explains that this number means the CDN$ is above the US$

I assume the bank didn't have a :surprised symbol

LOL HAHAHAHA Is this actually true. :rofl:

Oh, we have been laughing for a long time at our hat. This could actually give Canada an ounce of credibility on the worlds stage.

Ouch. It's ok we know how to laugh at ourselves too.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Why not Peter Jennings or Alex Trebek? Even Neil Young would be an improvement over Shatner.

Not really, Jennings is dead.

Interestingly, about the last thing Jennings did was a UFO special. After all of those years, he only got interested just before he died. Eh, it was probably best for him that he avoided the subject until the very end.

turbo
Gold Member
Not really, Jennings is dead.
Canada could benefit from the stability of his leadership. :tongue:

Hrm, well, if we're going to offer the names of other celebrities for GG, I'd like to nominate Jim Carrey. I don't think he'd be quite as dignified as Ms. Jean when he eats raw seal heart, but he'd be more entertaining in a host of other situations.

turbo
Gold Member
Well, Trebek could be problematic. Requiring ministers to submit replies in the form of a question would probably slow the progress of government. Wait! Is that a bad thing? Like the Peter Jennings administration, slowing "progress" might be a good thing. I think we could have benefited from such leaders in the last two Republican administrations.

While we're at it I'd like to nominate myself for GG. Is that allowed?!?!

turbo
Gold Member
While we're at it I'd like to nominate myself for GG. Is that allowed?!?!
Apart from the Irish, I'm mostly French-Canadian and Indian (Metis). I'd like to toss my hat in the ring, too. The little matter of Canadian citizenship could be resolved if Mainers would take my suggestion seriously, and secede, joining our neighboring provinces of PQ and NB.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The little matter of Canadian citizenship could be resolved if Mainers would take my suggestion seriously, and secede, joining our neighboring provinces of PQ and NB.
I thought the plan was to give the maritimes to the US in return for Oregon and Washington?

Last edited:
Apart from the Irish, I'm mostly French-Canadian and Indian (Metis). I'd like to toss my hat in the ring, too. The little matter of Canadian citizenship could be resolved if Mainers would take my suggestion seriously, and secede, joining our neighboring provinces of PQ and NB.

I'm a Metis too actually. From New Brunswick... weird. I have family that lives in Maine, I've never been though don't have a passport. I've heard however that the boarder patrol along those areas aren't as tight as they are were I live now (near Toronto).

Which first nation are you? I'm Mi'kmaq.

I really wish I was able to get my First nation status and card to pay for my education but unfortunately it has to go in line. My grandmother had never gotten her card and she had tried to apply for it but the government refused here. They say that they require more documentation about her father who was pure Native. Unfortunately all the required documentation burned down in New Brunswick when the Church had caught on fire.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I've heard however that the boarder patrol along those areas aren't as tight as they are were I live now (near Toronto).
Getting tougher http://www.wptz.com/news/22826310/detail.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting tougher http://www.wptz.com/news/22826310/detail.html [Broken]

"I walked over to Canada on a Saturday night around quarter to nine to get a pizza," Buzz Roy explained.
"They come up over the hill and they don't realize they're in the states until they see the American customs
Love it. :tongue:

It's a shame that they are cracking down like that though, understandable but still a shame.

To be completely honest I never knew that there were 'sidestreets' connecting Canada and America... that's pretty awesome. How do they know exactly where the border is, is there a line?

Last edited by a moderator: