Win 8.1, Outlook: Read emails not "Deselecting"

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Summary
Emails in my Outlook inbox would initial appear in dark font. Once I read them , they would have a "standard" color font, that of standard, non-underlined text.
Emails in my Outlook inbox would initial appear in dark font:
1)Not Read
2)Read
The font appears as in 1) above when not read, and in font as in 2) after I have read it . This is not just an esthetic issue; the standard font identifies the messages I already read so I don't have to reread them. Any idea on how to go back to the old setup where already-read messages become deselected into having standard darkness font?
I ended up with a PC as weird and moody as me. Poetic justice? :).

Borg

Science Advisor
Gold Member
What Outlook are you using? Application or webmail? If app, what version?

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
What Outlook are you using? Application or webmail? If app, what version?
I am having trouble finding it, all the links I found ask me to check 'file' , but in my setup there is no icon or other link to file. Will keep looking. EDIT: I have access to 'files', which links to the files and folders I have stored, but not to info on my version. EDIT2 : I know I had this before I had an Office account --one my school gave me for free a while back. Please see below for the closest I could find.

Last edited:

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member

Borg

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Webmail Outlook.

Borg

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Try this:

Borg

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I would turn off the keyboard shortcuts also. I don't know if those might be messing with the display.

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I would turn off the keyboard shortcuts also. I don't know if those might be messing with the display.
Wow, thanks and sorry to occupy you with this; I think I found another alternative by chance: I click on the sender's name to open the post, instead of clicking on the title (embarrassed).

WWGD

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks Borg, I followed up on your post and changed it any way and it works.