If one were to accidentally touch only the hot wire (ie black) of an ordinary household circuit while standing barefoot on a dampish dirt floor, what is the potential for a strong shock and if contact is maintained, possible electrocution? Idealize the scenario with: you're wearing only briefs and your skin is absolutely calm and dry. The power couldn't travel down your skin I figure and would find an avenue through the muscles? It's a long distance, finger to foot, and there is bound to be impedance. I'd think maybe the power would be too sapped to be a real nasty. Then again. if it happened while barefoot on a cement basement floor, we'd be looking at tons more impedance. Barefoot on a carpeted basement cement floor: that couldn't be a shock hazard, could it? The greater the impedance the lower the amperage, I figure, hence lower wattage and it's the wattage that jolts, I hazard to guess.