Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Worth investing time to learn Workbench

1. Jul 11, 2013 #1
    At my company no one really uses it but I know ANSYS is pushing its development. I am young in my career and I am wondering if I should just focus working in standalone or focus performing analysis from the workbench platform. Do I lose anything doing CFX or something from workbench. I know for FEA there are some things that can be done via ADPL that cannot be accomplished with workbench. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2013 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It really deends on what kind of modeling you will be doing, and how advanced you want to get in your setups. In my opinion, 90% of ANSYS' capabilities are captured in Workbench, and the last 10% can be controlled through command scripts in the model tree (still in Workbench).

Workbench provides a more intuitive GUI interface with strong visualization capability, I think it's worth knowing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook