1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would it be weird to show a program I wrote to my professor?

1. Nov 16, 2011 #1
    I'm a second year Comp E student, and in an intro class we're learning 8085 assembler. The professor wrote his own simulator for the class, but it's kinda buggy and I feel like it's been given minimal updates since he wrote it some 15 years ago. I was looking for a programming project, so I wrote my own 8085 simulator. The problem is now I'm not sure what to do with it. I was thinking I could show it to my professor, but I'm not sure if that would be weird?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2011 #2
    Just send him a polite email (last thing you want to do is insult him) and say you have written an 8085 simulator and you wanted his opinion on it because he has written one before for your intro class. Maybe from there you can suggest that he uses it in the future. But just approach it as a 'look what i did' instead of 'im better than you'.

4. Nov 16, 2011 #3
    Try to be humble about this if you can. In any case I think you should show your professor. If your work is good this will reflect very very highly on you.

5. Nov 17, 2011 #4
    Alright, thanks. I just wasn't sure how to word the email, but I think asking for his opinion on it sounds good. I also wasn't sure if it he would see it as annoying or if I would be bothering him, but I guess not.

Thanks for the advice!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook