Yes, you are correct for both parts (A) and (B)!

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter mathdad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Application Ball
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
mathdad
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
0
A ball is thrown straight upward. Suppose that the height of the ball at time t is h = -16t^2 + 96t, where h is in feet and t is in seconds, with t = 0 corresponding to the instant that the ball is first tossed.

(A) How long does it take for the ball to drop?

(B) At what time is the height 80 feet? Question (B) has two answers. Why?

To answer part (A), do I set h = 0 and solve for t?

To answer part (B), do I set h = 80 and solve for t?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
RTCNTC said:
To answer part (A), do I set h = 0 and solve for t?

Yes.

RTCNTC said:
To answer part (B), do I set h = 80 and solve for t?

Yes.