Does exist a software for this?

• Thread starter juan avellaneda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, the conversation discusses automating a process that involves 4 programs and 1 web page with more than 5 repeating steps. The question is whether a Windows program can handle this task and the suggested solution is using AutoIt. The conversation also mentions using other programs like perl or python to retrieve images from web pages. The category for these types of programs could be "Automation Utilities" and VBScript is also mentioned as a potential solution.
juan avellaneda
i want to automatize a process that uses 4 programs and 1 web pages
so it has more than 5 steps that repeats cyclically
so my question is if a windows program can do this
the processs would be like this

goto page xxxxxx
save image at xxxxxxxx
open program xxxxxxx
open image saved
save inage in format xxxxx
open program yyyyyy and process image xxxxxx
process image in programzzzz
the result copy and paste in program wwwww
goto step 1

Engineering news on Phys.org
autoit

thanks for your valuable information
but there's now this problem, i see that i can download an internet file with the program , but i can't find any instruction that let's you open a webpage
by the way, does this type of prog have a special name, or category?
(like software for manage software??)

Last edited:
"Automation Utilities" could be a suitable category.

You could search for AutoIt on google and possibly find AutoIt among other similar programs.

You could execute explorer with the webpage as an argument.
For example
explorer "http://www.cnn.com"[/B]

If what you are ultimately after are images on webpages, you might find that writing a script in say perl or python is more efficient. You could parse a webpage for the URLs to the images you want, then retrieve them via the program or else through some external program like lynx or maybe wget.
These programs are available from Cygwin (the unix-like distribution that runs in Windows).

Last edited by a moderator:
juan avellaneda said:
i want to automatize a process that uses 4 programs and 1 web pages
so it has more than 5 steps that repeats cyclically
so my question is if a windows program can do this
the processs would be like this
You can always write this sort of program easily using VBScript, but then that all depends on your programming ability.

1. Does a software exist for data analysis?

Yes, there are numerous software options available for data analysis, such as Microsoft Excel, SAS, and Tableau. It is important to research and determine which software best suits your specific needs and data analysis goals.

2. Is there a software for graphic design?

Yes, there are several popular graphic design software options, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Each of these programs offers unique features and capabilities for creating and editing graphics.

3. Can I find a software for video editing?

Absolutely, there are many video editing software options available, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and iMovie. These programs allow users to edit and enhance videos with various tools and effects.

4. Is there a software for project management?

Yes, there are numerous project management software options available, including Asana, Trello, and Microsoft Project. These programs help to organize and track tasks, deadlines, and team collaboration for various projects.

5. Can I find a software for language translation?

Yes, there are several language translation software options, such as Google Translate, Babbel, and Rosetta Stone. These programs use advanced algorithms and artificial intelligence to translate text and speech between different languages.