Math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures?

In summary, the speaker is looking for better math note-taking software due to their slow writing and poor handwriting. They have a math disability and struggle to keep up with professors and tutors. They need to copy the entire steps of equations and are looking for software that can display math latex code or has a system similar to Desmos.com. They are open to both Ubuntu and Windows programs and would appreciate the ability to draw graphs. They also mention an app that could be helpful if they have internet access in class.
RidiculousName
Hello everyone, I want to find better math note taking software because I am a slow writer and my handwriting is very poor. It is difficult for me to keep up with professors when they are quickly jotting down equations in class. I will take Calculus 2 next semester and I am worried about how I will keep up, since I barely passed Calculus 1 with a C last semester, and I had to neglect many of my other classes because of how much time it took.

I have a slight math disability, and it's often impossible for me to really understand what the professor is going on about until I am able to get to a tutor and work through it with them. I often have to cover things that the tutors my college provides don't understand because they haven't had to practice them for several semesters. Our textbook will often skip steps, which can also be a big problem for me. All of this means it is very important I copy the entire series of steps for each type of equation, so that I have a better reference. I really need to be very quick about it.

I am a relatively quick typist, and I want to find math note-taking software that allows me to input either math latex code and have it displayed without needing to compile the whole document, or has some system similar to what's used on Desmos.com.

Could someone please recommend me some software that allows speedy note-taking? I run Ubuntu, (linux) but I can probably get a windows program working on my computer if I have to. The ability to draw graphs would be amazing.

Thank you for spending time reading this. I really appreciate the help, thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you have internet access in class this app might help.

5 Most Frequently Asked Questions about "Math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures?"

1. What is math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures?

Math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures is a digital tool designed specifically for taking notes during math lectures. It allows you to type or write equations and formulas quickly and efficiently, making it easier to keep up with the pace of the lecture.

2. How does math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures work?

The software typically has features such as a math equation editor, handwriting recognition, and real-time syncing with other devices. You can use a keyboard, stylus, or touchscreen to input your notes and save them in various formats.

3. Is math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures better than traditional note-taking methods?

This ultimately depends on personal preference and learning style. Some people find digital note-taking more efficient and organized, while others prefer handwritten notes. The software can be a helpful supplement to traditional methods, but it may not work for everyone.

4. Can I use math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures on any device?

Most math note-taking software is compatible with various devices such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones. However, it's always best to check the system requirements of the specific software you are interested in to ensure compatibility.

5. Are there any free options for math note-taking software for fast notes during lectures?

Yes, there are some free math note-taking software options available, but they may have limited features or may only be free for a trial period. It's worth researching and comparing different software to find the best fit for your needs and budget.