marcus
Jan9-08, 05:19 PM
Astronomy
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 23,213
Quote Quote by hurk4 View Post
I have some secondary questions here.
1) Is there (already?) something known about the relation of the mass (of the rebouncing hole) and the speed of evaporation by Hawking radiation. I think that theory says that small holes evaporate faster than big holes? (To be remarked here is that the smallest possible hole has the Planck dimension and that it lifetime is of the order of Planck time i.e. 10E-43second. Big holes live very very long and must look very static). I dont think 'Hawking evaporation has anything to do with an explosion.
2) Can it be expected from theory that such a Hawking evaporation flux eventually can be observed in case of very small holes?
3) Maybe observation of Hawking radiation flux can give us qualitative and quantitave information about small holes?
at least some of these could be answered better by some of the others here and I hope they do. they are good questions.
1) AFAIK the answer is NO. the speed of evaporation----the lifetime of the BH---is governed by the mass of the BH

but different models (all are preliminary) allow for different relations between the ingoing mass of the BH and the outgoing.

2) I personally expect that if and when we observe small BH we will observe their high-flux final burst of radiation. So the answer here is yes.

3) YES! in my opinion, it will be the best or one of the best sources of information