View Single Post
sgstudent
Mar5-12, 08:27 AM
P: 645
When transferring electricity from a generator to a factory or anything we would use a transformer to step up the voltage right? As P=VI and P is constant in the primary and secondary transformers (ideal case), with an increased V as compared to the primary transformer it will in turn result in a smaller I as compared to the primary transformer.

Then again, the values of V and I are fixed in accordance to the new voltage output by using the formula Vp/Vs=Np/Ns and VpIp=VsIs. in most calculation questions, the R of the cable is given and the values fit nicely to get the total power. However, if i were to change the resistance of the cable what will happen? Since the values of V and I are constant, how will the V=RI values change. This is because the value of the power, voltage and current are fixed to a certain value due to the usage of the coil formula and the conservation of energy formula. So I'm completely clueless about the scenario that i change the values of resistance within the cable.

I'm hoping that you will be able to help me in this. Thanks so much for the help! :)
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
New study refines biological evolution model
Fiber optic light pipes in the retina do much more than simple image transfer
Production phase for LSST camera sensors nears