Please help on recovering my computer

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the speaker has a recovery disk set and tried to recover their computer after installing a new hard drive. However, they are now unable to enter recovery mode and are experiencing errors while using their computer. They are asking for help on how to force the system to boot from the CD so they can redo the recovery procedure. They recall being able to do this by tapping the F8 key while booting up to access the boot menu.
yungman
I have the recovery disk set and I did try to recover my computer after putting in a new hard drive. Something promping me to have to do the recovery again and I followed the instruction by putting in the correct CD and turn off then turn on the computer. But it will not go into the recovery mode anymore, it just keep booting up to XP windows. I have been getting error while surfing and I have to do something.

I just cannot force the computer to boot back to the recovery mode! Can anyone tell me how to force the system to boot from the CD so I can redo the whole recovery procedure?

I forgot how to do it, but I remember I could boot up in certain mode that I can cycle the CD drive to the top and have it boot up on the CD drive. Please tell me how to do this.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
While booting up you need to tap the F8 key on your keyboard. That gets your to the boot menu where you can setup the cd player to be bootable.

What are some common reasons for a computer to need recovery?

There are a few common reasons for a computer to need recovery. These include viruses or malware, hardware failure, corrupted files, and accidental deletion of important files.

What steps should I take before attempting to recover my computer?

Before attempting to recover your computer, it is important to backup any important files and data. This will ensure that you do not lose any important information during the recovery process.

How can I recover my computer without losing my files?

If you have backed up your files, you can attempt to recover your computer using system restore or recovery tools provided by your operating system. If these options are not available, you may need to seek professional help.

What should I do if my computer is not booting up?

If your computer is not booting up, it could be due to a hardware failure. In this case, it is best to seek professional help to recover your computer and retrieve any important files.

Can I recover my computer on my own or do I need professional help?

If you have experience with computer recovery and have the necessary tools and software, you may be able to recover your computer on your own. However, if you are unsure or inexperienced, it is best to seek professional help to avoid further damage to your computer.