Op amp question

by sr_sample
Tags: None
Share this thread:
negitron
Sep2-09, 08:47 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 842
Which brings up a point: if the OP wants time delays, why not a delay line? Cheap, reliable and easy to implement.
vk6kro
Sep2-09, 08:53 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 4,032
Yes.

Also, if he wants longer ones, there are dedicated monostable chips (like the 74C221) or programmable ones like the Picaxes for delays from 1 mS to years.
vk6kro
Sep2-09, 07:31 PM
Sci Advisor
Negitron, I should have asked what kind of delay lines you mean. Like in TV sets?

This circuit behaves just like a comparator if you just vary the DC input levels. You hardly notice the poor rise and fall times caused by the capacitor.

So, whether you call it a comparator or an integrator depends on the input frequency.
It is a little of both.
negitron
Sep2-09, 07:39 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 842
I mean one of these.
vk6kro
Sep2-09, 08:31 PM
Sci Advisor
I haven't heard of those for years. There were some magazine articles about using them to get echo effects.
Have you used them for anthing else?
Looks like they'd be fun to play with.

Register to reply