Khan Academy Videos: Math & Physics Lessons

In summary, Khan Academy is a great site that provides videos on a variety of math and science topics. The videos are easy to follow and can be helpful for anyone, regardless of their level of experience.
Sal or who really deserves his award. Thanks to him I learned derivatives even before the vector lessons in school.

Physics news on Phys.org
I found this site yesterday and it seems helpful so far!

Char. Limit said:
The videos of Salman Khan are not meant to be university-level videos that constitute a class in and of themselves, but are actually, I believe, supplements.

This is an excellent point, Char. These videos are a powerful resource to help solidify one's conceptual understanding of the topics he covers. His epsilon-delta explanation led me to an "ah-ha" moment, something for which I thirst endlessly. While not a class in and of themselves, his videos are an excellent supplement to the corresponding courses.

I really admire him as a person, and I greatly respect his efforts to make science available, and approachable, to those who can't afford a formal education.

Dembadon said:
This is an excellent point, Char. These videos are a powerful resource to help solidify one's conceptual understanding of the topics he covers. His epsilon-delta explanation led me to an "ah-ha" moment, something for which I thirst endlessly. While not a class in and of themselves, his videos are an excellent supplement to the corresponding courses.

I really admire him as a person, and I greatly respect his efforts to make science available, and approachable, to those who can't afford a formal education.

Thank you Dembadon.

Khan Academy is very great place for study science subject,..thank for this nice video,..

Yes, people should go look at Khan's videos instead of asking basic first year physics or calculus stuff.

Wow, just seeing this for the first time. Might use his videos as a good complimentary guide to the textbooks :D Probably work best hand-in-hand

i found a video that helped me with simple harmonic motion because OCR don't really explain stuff in their books and khan academy dident have this specific topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I had seen a few of his videos on youtube. Worthy of a google award for sure. Now I've seen on his site just how many he has. Is nominating for a nobel prize and/or sainthood taking it too far?

His videos are really great! I tend to watch them to give me an understanding, and only afterwards look at my lessons for more formal definitions and more confusing explanations.

There's a Cosmology and Astronomy section posted on the website, this was very unexpected. I hope he makes a Quantum Mechanics playlist soon.