Register to reply

Khan Academy Videos

by HuaYongLi
Tags: academy, khan, videos
Share this thread:
lj19
Oct11-10, 11:32 AM
P: 87
I found this site yesterday and it seems helpful so far!
Dembadon
Oct12-10, 04:32 PM
PF Gold
P: 641
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
The videos of Salman Khan are not meant to be university-level videos that constitute a class in and of themselves, but are actually, I believe, supplements.
This is an excellent point, Char. These videos are a powerful resource to help solidify one's conceptual understanding of the topics he covers. His epsilon-delta explanation led me to an "ah-ha" moment, something for which I thirst endlessly. While not a class in and of themselves, his videos are an excellent supplement to the corresponding courses.

I really admire him as a person, and I greatly respect his efforts to make science available, and approachable, to those who can't afford a formal education.
Char. Limit
Oct12-10, 06:17 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,951
Quote Quote by Dembadon View Post
This is an excellent point, Char. These videos are a powerful resource to help solidify one's conceptual understanding of the topics he covers. His epsilon-delta explanation led me to an "ah-ha" moment, something for which I thirst endlessly. While not a class in and of themselves, his videos are an excellent supplement to the corresponding courses.

I really admire him as a person, and I greatly respect his efforts to make science available, and approachable, to those who can't afford a formal education.
Thank you Dembadon.
Carrick
Nov3-10, 06:00 AM
P: 1
Khan Academy is very great place for study science subject,..thank for this nice video,..
CheckMate
Nov4-10, 11:16 AM
P: 67
Yes, people should go look at Khan's videos instead of asking basic first year physics or calculus stuff.
Kungfuchee
Nov22-10, 07:05 AM
P: n/a
Wow, just seeing this for the first time. Might use his videos as a good complimentary guide to the textbooks :D Probably work best hand-in-hand
desh80
Nov22-10, 04:37 PM
P: 1
i found a video that helped me with simple harmonic motion because OCR dont really explain stuff in their books and khan academy dident have this specific topic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wK86t0Jx2g
dkotschessaa
Nov23-10, 08:16 AM
P: 604
Ok, I had seen a few of his videos on youtube. Worthy of a google award for sure. Now I've seen on his site just how many he has. Is nominating for a nobel prize and/or sainthood taking it too far?
djosey
Nov23-10, 10:36 AM
P: 29
His videos are really great!! I tend to watch them to give me an understanding, and only afterwards look at my lessons for more formal definitions and more confusing explanations.
Kevin_Axion
Nov30-10, 09:55 PM
P: 921
There's a Cosmology and Astronomy section posted on the website, this was very unexpected. I hope he makes a Quantum Mechanics playlist soon.

Register to reply