What Are the Best Beginner Resources for Learning Thermoelasticity?

• Thread starter adnan jahan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to the field of thermo elasticity and is looking for guidance on where to find basic materials to study. Another person suggests a video course in Russian and provides the links, and the first person expresses their gratitude and asks for any English materials if available.
adnan jahan
Dear Fellows,

I am new in this field of thermo elasticity, and having some problem in understanding the basics of this field.

Can anyone guide me to a good and basic book or any university lecture notes or any material through which I can study this field from basics

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello!
I'm in such a situation now! I have to make some calculations using the theory of thermoelesticity and don't know almost anything in it.
Today I was searching for the information in the internet and found the video course on this subject in INTUIT.ru. (lectures 9-12).
If you know Russian try it too.

No I don't know Russian, but I will try to understand by viewing equations,,

Can you please give me, LINK (URL) of those lectures?

Regards

Thanks Nadyas! I ll try my best to learn it, If you find any English material then please update me,,

Best Wishes

1. What is thermoelasticity?

Thermoelasticity is a branch of mechanics that deals with the behavior of materials under the combined effects of thermal and mechanical loading. It is a field of study that combines principles from thermodynamics, solid mechanics, and materials science.

2. What makes a book on thermoelasticity "good"?

A good book on thermoelasticity should provide a comprehensive and clear explanation of the fundamental concepts and theories, as well as practical applications. It should also have well-organized and well-illustrated content, with relevant examples and exercises for better understanding.

3. What are some common applications of thermoelasticity?

Thermoelasticity has many practical applications, such as in the design and analysis of engines, turbines, and other thermal machinery. It is also used in the study of materials for aerospace, automotive, and civil engineering structures, as well as in the development of thermal protection systems for space vehicles.

4. Is prior knowledge in thermodynamics and solid mechanics necessary to understand thermoelasticity?

While a basic understanding of thermodynamics and solid mechanics can be helpful, it is not necessary to have prior knowledge in these fields to understand thermoelasticity. A good book on the subject will provide the necessary background information and build upon it to help readers grasp the concepts.

5. Are there any recent developments or advancements in the field of thermoelasticity?

Yes, there have been many recent developments in thermoelasticity, particularly in the use of advanced computational methods for modeling and analysis. There is also ongoing research in the development of new materials with improved thermoelastic properties, as well as in the application of thermoelasticity to emerging technologies such as nanotechnology and biomedicine.