by nvn
Tags: None
Share this thread:
nvn
Feb19-12, 01:29 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,124
I just now noticed a glitch in PF that seems to have started happening today. The revision time stamp on edited posts seems to have disappeared, if you are not logged in to PF. But the revision time stamps still appear, as usual, if you are logged in. Do other people notice this new bug? What is causing the edit time stamps to disappear, at the moment?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
Greg Bernhardt
Feb19-12, 01:34 PM
Admin
P: 9,710
Quote Quote by nvn View Post
I just now noticed a glitch in PF that seems to have started happening today. The revision time stamp on edited posts seems to have disappeared, if you are not logged in to PF. But the revision time stamps still appear, as usual, if you are logged in. Do other people notice this new bug? What is causing the edit time stamps to disappear, at the moment?
It was done on purpose. Is it a problem?
AlephZero
Feb19-12, 03:02 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 7,293
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
It was done on purpose.
I just tried to think what purpose it might serve, and failed

But since I use the "remember me" login option, presumably it doesn't affect me anyway.

Greg Bernhardt
Feb19-12, 03:09 PM
Admin
P: 9,710
Revision time stamp missing

Quote Quote by AlephZero View Post
I just tried to think what purpose it might serve, and failed
The more topic irrelevant noise is on the page the less Google tends to like it.

I don't see why a guest needs to know edit times, so didn't think it was a big deal.
AlephZero
Feb19-12, 05:18 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 7,293
Sometimes posts get edited in response to a later post, but I don't think it's a big deal either, compared with Google targetting PF with ads for clocks, or editing software

Register to reply