Submit doesn't show new post / close editor

• Thread starter A.T.
  • Start date
In summary, there is a new bug that causes pressing the submit-button on a new reply or when editing a message to not jump to the new submitted post or close the edit window, leading to confusion about whether the post has been submitted. This has resulted in some double posts. This issue has also caused problems with searching the forum and performing moderation duties, with error messages or nothing new being displayed. The problem seems to have been fixed, but there may still be some lingering issues. Currently, there is an issue with edited text not disappearing after submitting. The forum is being worked on, as MySQL has been upgraded and something is not working correctly.
A.T.
Science Advisor
This is a new bug, I noticed today. Pressing the submit-button on a new reply or when editing a message doesn't jump to the new submitted post or close the edit window. So it's not clear if the post has been actually submitted.

I have already spotted some double posts, likely originating from this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is definitely a problem ATM.

@Greg Bernhardt Actually looks like the same problem also prevents me from searching the forum and doing some of the moderation duties - after I clock a submit button (whatever it is for a given task) I am either being told "can't connect to the server" or just nothing new is displayed - yet the operation takes place in the background.

hmmm I just posted ok and edited and the window disappeared. Still having the problem?

EDIT: Testing info removed. Delighted to read later messages (below) - all is good.

Last edited:
Yeah, both works fine now.

Yes, back to normal.

It has the same bug now. The edited text does not disappear after "submit".

ehild

Working on it. Just upgraded MySQL and something is funny

1. Why isn't my submitted post showing up on the website?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure that you actually clicked the "submit" button after writing your post. Additionally, if the website has a moderation process, your post may be awaiting approval before it is visible to others. If neither of these are the issue, there may be a technical glitch on the website that is preventing your post from showing up. In this case, it's best to contact the website's technical support for further assistance.

2. I can't find the "submit" button on the website. Where is it?

The location of the "submit" button may vary depending on the website's design. It is usually located at the bottom of the page, near the text box where you write your post. If you still can't find it, try scrolling down or refreshing the page. If you still can't locate it, reach out to the website's technical support for guidance.

3. Why does the editor close after I hit "submit"?

This is likely a feature of the website's design. Some websites automatically close the editor after submitting a post to prevent accidental edits or duplicate submissions. If this is bothersome, you can always reopen the editor to make any additional changes before submitting again.

4. I clicked "submit" but nothing happens. What should I do?

If clicking the "submit" button does not result in any action, it could be due to a technical issue with the website. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If the problem persists, reach out to the website's technical support for assistance.

5. Can I retrieve a post that I accidentally closed the editor for?

This depends on the website's design and features. Some websites may have an "autosave" function that saves your post as you type, allowing you to retrieve it even after closing the editor. Other websites may not have this feature, in which case the post may be lost if the editor is closed before submitting. It's best to check the website's FAQ or contact technical support for more information.