Article about an application of instrumentation I am helping build

by Integral
Tags: application, article, build, helping, instrumentation
Integral
Aug7-12, 01:51 PM
Mentor
P: 7,289
This device
was sitting outside my work area 2 weeks ago.
I am enjoying working on devices which are at the forefront of oceanographic research.
Phys.Org News Partner Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Studiot
Aug7-12, 03:44 PM
P: 5,462
Since no one else will say it

Thank you for the interesting article. Equipment has improved since I did this stuff in the mid 1970s.

One question, are the Lakes big enough for tides? If so what are they like?
Integral
Aug7-12, 05:31 PM
Mentor
P: 7,289
Note that I work in Oregon building the instrumentation. I spend some time near lake Michigan in 1970, don't recall any significant tides.

Bobbywhy
Aug7-12, 11:15 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,852

Article about an application of instrumentation I am helping build

Integral, thanks for sharing that new instrumentation with us. I spent >25 years pinging with low, mid-range, and ultrasonic frequencies in the world’s oceans designing, testing, and operating sonar systems.

The more details we knew about ocean conditions, the better we could perform. No doubt scientific knowledge in many areas will be advanced with these new sensors below the surface of Lake Superior, and, all automatically! Everyone gains when new actual data becomes available. You and your team deserve “kudos” for a job well done.

Register to reply