by Kutt
Tags: demo, graphics, real
Share this thread:
Kutt
Jan26-13, 08:39 PM
P: 236
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIqT3Ak32A

Is this graphics demo real or fake?

I don't think that any PC hardware exists capable of running this graphics engine, and probably won't for at least 10 years.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Earlier Stone Age artifacts found in Northern Cape of South Africa
Study reveals new characteristics of complex oxide surfaces
trollcast
Jan26-13, 08:44 PM
PF Gold
P: 290
Quote Quote by Kutt View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIqT3Ak32A

Is this graphics demo real or fake?

I don't think that any PC hardware exists capable of running this graphics engine, and probably won't for at least 10 years.
Its probably the real graphics engine but its not rendering the graphics in real-time as you would if you're playing the game. That will most likely have been pre-rendered which allows a lot more details to be calculated for each frame, bit like the way cgi in a movie is done.
sirchick
Jan26-13, 09:37 PM
P: 52
Its a pre-render as are most teaser trailers for games. You won't get live rendering on games like that for another 5 to 10 years. Although that might be debatable.

And in 10 years is only if its commercially worth while.

Kutt
Jan26-13, 10:01 PM
Is this graphics demo real?

Quote Quote by sirchick View Post
Its a pre-render as are most teaser trailers for games. You won't get live rendering on games like that for another 5 to 10 years. Although that might be debatable.

And in 10 years is only if its commercially worth while.
I read on another forum that within that time we will have real-time avatar-like graphics in PC games, and we will be processing terabyte data cubes while a high-end PC will be about the size of a shoebox.
sirchick
Jan26-13, 10:04 PM
That person failed to realise that higher end spec results in a hotter temperature, there is a limit to silicon computers.
Kutt
Jan26-13, 10:13 PM
That person failed to realise that higher end spec results in a hotter temperature, there is a limit to silicon computers.
What about terabyte-per-second memory transfer rates within five years?
sirchick
Jan26-13, 10:44 PM
I can't see there being a need for it on a home computer for a company to ever invest in selling such tech.
Kutt
Jan27-13, 04:03 AM
I can't see there being a need for it on a home computer for a company to ever invest in selling such tech.
Today's best video game graphics will be like pac-man compared to what games might be like in 15-20 years.
Borek
Jan27-13, 04:42 AM
Admin
P: 23,363
This video is most likely a fake. Note that bethesdadevelopment has only four videos so far, and one of them is "the creation of Senchal City in Elsweyr" - I am almost sure I have seen it in the past not as an example of what Bethesda works on, but as an example of some new technology behind 3D rendering engines (edit: I believe it had something to do with the lights/shadows rendering, which is why you see shadows moving quite often in the video). The quality of both Senchal city video and the video posted as the first one in this thread suggest it is not an original, but something stolen and repacked again.
Devils
Jan27-13, 05:42 AM
P: 164
It looks like real time ray tracing. Maybe in 10 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_tra...9#In_real_time
Borek
Jan27-13, 06:02 AM
Admin
P: 23,363
http://raytracey.blogspot.co.nz/2012...e-demo-at.html

Told you it is fake.

Register to reply