Screenshot of the PC version of Crysis 2?

• Thread starter The_Absolute
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc
In summary, the conversation discusses the legitimacy of an alleged in-game screenshot from the PC version of Crysis 2. The use of CryEngine 3 and DirectX11 is expected to result in significantly better graphics on the PC compared to the console versions. However, the screenshot in question is deemed most likely fake or a pre-rendered image due to the level of detail and smoothness that cannot be achieved in real-time with current hardware. The conversation also touches on the misleading nature of pre-release screenshots and videos for games.
The_Absolute
I find it utterly impossible to believe that this is an actual in-game screen shot from the PC version of Crysis 2. Using the CryEngine 3 and DirectX11. The PC version of Crysis 2 will look dramatically better graphics-wise, as opposed to the versions of the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3. Due to the PC having faster, and more capable hardware. But this screen shot is probably fake, probably a CG rendered image with the Crysis HUD doctored into it.

Absolutely NO GPU setup that exists currently, not even quad SLI/Xfire GeForce GTX 295 or Radeon HD 5970 could possibly render a single frame of the 3D image shown in this thread, at least not in real time. Not without immediately becoming overloaded and crashing. I have yet to see any authentic screen shots of the PC version of Crysis 2, I have only seen footage from the console versions.

Even when the original Crysis was released, and everybody rushed to get their pricey DX10 graphics cards, the actual game did not look nearly as good as depicted in the screen shots which were shown before the game's retail launch. If you are a computer expert, especially when it comes to graphics processing what is your opinion on this?

Crysis2.jpg

Computer science news on Phys.org
I agree, there's no way that could be an in game screen.

Looking at the trees and grass, there's virtually no jaggedness. Unless they've got AA & AF completely and utterly through the roof, it's impossible to render something that smoothly.

The grass in the lower left hand corner does show a little bit, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that this isn't a pre-rendered screen, but my money's still on either a complete fake, or a screenshot from a video of in-game footage for a cinematic trailer. I've noticed that the compression from scaling video can make things look a lot softer and more "movie like", but far from realistic when compared to the actual game.

The shot is 1024px × 744px, most likely it's been downsampled to this resolution from the original 1600x1200 or higher. That's why there is no jaggedness.

1. What is Crysis 2?

Crysis 2 is a first-person shooter video game developed by Crytek and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to the original Crysis game and was released in 2011 for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

2. Can I take a screenshot of the PC version of Crysis 2?

Yes, you can take a screenshot of the PC version of Crysis 2 by using the default screenshot key or by using a third-party software such as Fraps or Steam.

3. How do I take a high-quality screenshot in Crysis 2?

To take a high-quality screenshot in Crysis 2, you can adjust the in-game graphics settings to the highest possible level and then use the default screenshot key or a third-party software.

4. Can I edit my screenshots in Crysis 2?

Yes, you can edit your screenshots in Crysis 2 by using image editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP. You can also use the in-game photo mode to add filters and effects to your screenshots.

5. How do I access the screenshots in Crysis 2?

The screenshots taken in Crysis 2 are saved in the "My Documents/My Games/Crysis 2/Screenshots" folder by default. You can also access your screenshots through the in-game photo mode or by using a third-party software.