by hpla
Tags: belt, conveyor, design
Share this thread:
hpla
Feb8-13, 07:06 AM
P: 11
hey >>>>

i have tow Questions about conveyor design:

What are the Variables influencing the design of conveyor ?

all i know is : Angle of surcharge
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
jehake12
Feb8-13, 09:26 AM
P: 59
And the second question is?

What kind of conveyors?

If you want to know about design of belt conveyors for bulk materials, pick up a copy of CEMA: Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials, 6th edition
Straw_Cat
Feb8-13, 09:49 PM
P: 54
The CEMA: Belt Design reference books/ cd/dvd, etc, (and other important items in this subject) are available here:

http://www.cemanet.org/safety-publications/

Travis_King
Feb11-13, 10:06 AM
P: 828
Belt conveyor design

I agree that CEMA will explain it all, but a quick point about the main factors:

-Belt feed bulk density
-Surcharge Angle
-Tons per hour required (thus feet per second of belt speed required)
-Conveyor incline needed
-Conveyor length needed
Mordred
Feb11-13, 07:08 PM
P: 1,857
Also if controlled feed rates are required then you will need brake zones or alternate methods of spacing. Designs on automated conveyer systems vary. Such examples is accuglide roller bed conveyers. This design uses diaghram cups to lift a belt or chain under sections to drive the rollers.

There are numerous designs so something like the book mentioned above is a worthwhile purchase.
Straw_Cat
Feb11-13, 08:44 PM
P: 54
I spent some time researching regenerative conveyor systems last spring, for a mining project. From my point of view, I wouldn't try to re-invent the wheel if the project goes ahead, by hiring engineers, etc: I'd just invite the big companies in to bid on the design and construction of the conveyor system, etc. There the ones who'll end up building and installing the parts anyways, so they can throw in the engineering and design for less than I could hire a crew to do this from the start.

That's my opinion, at any rate...

The regenerative conveyor is one that carries material down hill, and this part of the conveyor system generates a lot of electricity while doing so. Quite a bit, when one has a 500+ meter fall over about 1 km. The electricity produced could make up nearly 20-25% of the mine's required energy, and cut down CO2 created by diesel-powered equipment (fewer heavy machines, shorter hauls), and reduce the wear and tear on those as a bonus.

We may be able to capture more energy like this, as well, if the project goes ahead, and if other theoretical systems can be engineered and scaled up.

Register to reply