I have a problem with a belt conveyor --

In summary, the conversation discusses a mechanical problem with belt conveyors in a factory and the goal of reducing the number of belts used by upgrading their quality. The person is seeking help and suggestions from others, and one potential solution is to group the conveyors by length and width and use the same material for multiple conveyors. It is also suggested to find a supplier who can provide for all of the conveyors to simplify the ordering of replacement parts.
BrahimBC
Hi, everyone
I have a mechanical problem I hope someone can help me out
The project of internship is "Normalization of belt in a belt conveyors" , I explain ; the factory where I'm now have 69 conveyors each one use a belt different from the other , so my goal is to reduce the number of belt used by upgrading the quality of the belt used ( for example 1 belt for 2 or 3 conveyors ).

please If anyone can help me , or gave me any indication , I really need it so bad .

Engineering news on Phys.org
I want to mention that those conveyors are used in cement industry.

Take this with a large grain of salt, but why can't you group them by length and width of belt. Then see if it would be acceptable to use the same material of belt for as many conveyors as possible. Then find 1 local big supplier who can provide all of them.

Its possible, over time as production orders new machines, it could be from different suppliers who used a different brand of belt. Maybe your goal should be to find a supplier who can provide for all of your conveyors.

I've seen sometimes that companies that want to have a machine built for them, they provide us a list of permitted manufacturers. The aim is to be able to order replacement parts, without having to go to multiple sources.

Likes russ_watters

1. How do I troubleshoot a belt conveyor that is not moving?

There are several potential causes for a belt conveyor that is not moving. First, check to make sure the conveyor is receiving power and that the motor is functioning properly. Next, inspect the belt for any damage or obstructions that may be preventing it from moving. It is also important to check the tension and alignment of the belt. If these basic troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to consult a professional technician.

2. What should I do if my belt conveyor is making unusual noises?

If your belt conveyor is making unusual noises, it is likely due to a problem with the belt itself or one of its components. Check to make sure the belt is properly tensioned and aligned, as this can cause noise if it is not. Inspect the belt for any damage or wear and replace it if necessary. If the noise persists, it may indicate a problem with the bearings or other mechanical components, which may require professional assistance.

3. How can I prevent my belt conveyor from jamming?

To prevent a belt conveyor from jamming, it is important to regularly inspect and maintain the system. Make sure the belt is properly tensioned and aligned, and that there are no obstructions or debris on the belt or in the conveyor's path. It is also important to train employees on proper usage and loading techniques to avoid overloading the conveyor. Regular maintenance and cleaning can also help prevent jams.

4. What are the safety precautions for working with a belt conveyor?

Working with a belt conveyor can pose certain safety risks, so it is important to follow proper safety precautions. Make sure all employees are trained on how to use the conveyor safely and follow all safety protocols. Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment when working with the conveyor, and never reach into or over the conveyor while it is in operation. Regularly inspect the conveyor for any safety hazards and address them immediately.

5. How do I determine the appropriate size and capacity of a belt conveyor for my needs?

The appropriate size and capacity of a belt conveyor will depend on several factors, including the type of material being transported, the distance it needs to travel, and the desired speed of the conveyor. It is important to consult with a professional or the manufacturer to determine the appropriate size and capacity for your specific needs. They can also help you choose the right components, such as motor size and belt width, to ensure optimal performance and efficiency.