how many languages can you speak

by BLUE66Rose
Tags: languages, speak
kevinferreira
Feb18-13, 11:58 AM
P: 123
Portuguese as native speaker, French very fluently, English as well. I'm learning Spanish by myself by reading and listening to an audiobook of Don Quijote (it really works if you have some insight on the language as I have by knowing portuguese), but now I can have a conversation in spanish being successful in 90% (+/- 5%) of my words, with probably no foreign accent.
I also understand Italian and could probably follow a conversation (maybe not participate).
Finally, I'm starting my German course next wednesday!
So, 3 perfectly, 1 at 90%, 1 at 50% and 1 coming up!
enosis_
Feb18-13, 12:27 PM
P: 120
Quote Quote by kevinferreira View Post
Portuguese as native speaker, French very fluently, English as well. I'm learning Spanish by myself by reading and listening to an audiobook of Don Quijote (it really works if you have some insight on the language as I have by knowing portuguese), but now I can have a conversation in spanish being successful in 90% (+/- 5%) of my words, with probably no foreign accent.
I also understand Italian and could probably follow a conversation (maybe not participate).
Finally, I'm starting my German course next wednesday!
So, 3 perfectly, 1 at 90%, 1 at 50% and 1 coming up!
I noticed a Don Quijote audiobook is available on YouTube.
kevinferreira
Feb18-13, 01:09 PM
Quote Quote by enosis_ View Post
I noticed a Don Quijote audiobook is available on YouTube.
I have to check that! I'm listening to one made by Librivox, they have quite a few, and good ones IMO.
enosis_
Feb18-13, 02:57 PM
I have to check that! I'm listening to one made by Librivox, they have quite a few, and good ones IMO.
Do you recall the cost?
kevinferreira
Feb18-13, 04:02 PM
Do you recall the cost?
I have a 'audiobooks' app on iOS, and they have a wide list of them. All that I have listened to were made by volunteers of librivox, and they are public domain, so...no cost whatsoever.
enosis_
Feb18-13, 05:58 PM
I have a 'audiobooks' app on iOS, and they have a wide list of them. All that I have listened to were made by volunteers of librivox, and they are public domain, so...no cost whatsoever.
I'll look into it. Thanks!
RabbitWho
Feb20-13, 06:40 AM
P: 102
Do you recall the cost?
Librivox are always free. They get volunteers to record things in the public domain, people torrent them to save the website bandwidth and then people assume that they are illegal copies since they think that's what torrents are for ;)

Register to reply