Can premuim members view my e-mail address?

• Thread starter ramollari
  • Start date
In summary, the user is concerned about their privacy and whether premium members on the forum can view their e-mail address. Another user responds that no one can see their e-mail address, even if they agree to receive e-mails, but reminds them that if they e-mail a member or reply to an e-mail, their real e-mail address will be visible. The conversation ends with a joking comment about the power of premium members.
ramollari
Hi, I have a concern about my privacy whether the premium mebers of this forum can view my e-mail address. :frown: Does anyone know?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, since you've specified your instant messager name. You can change your user set-up at the top of the page (User CP).

Monique said:
Yes, since you've specified your instant messager name. You can change your user set-up at the top of the page (User CP).

:blushing: No, I mean the e-mail address with which I registered.

No, not that one: you have specified that you do not wish to receive emails :smile:

ramollari said:
Hi, I have a concern about my privacy whether the premium mebers of this forum can view my e-mail address. :frown: Does anyone know?
No. No one can see your e-mail address, not even if you agree to let others e-mail you.*see below

But remember this:
If you e-mail a member, that member will receive the e-mail address you registered with on that e-mail. You will get a notice warning you of this before you send the e-mail. *If you receive an e-mail from a member and you reply, your real e-mail address will be sent to them as the "from" information.
But no one can view this information from PF.

Yep the premium members get everything. They have your social security number (if you live in the US), they know where you and your family live, they know all; so if I were you, I would not mess around with them premium members.

*bows down and kisses the feet of premium members*

1. Can premium members view my email address if I am a free user?

No, premium members cannot view your email address if you are a free user. Only premium users have access to this feature.

2. Is my email address visible to all premium members?

No, your email address is only visible to the premium members whom you have shared it with. You have control over who can view your email address.

3. Can I choose which premium members can view my email address?

Yes, you can choose which premium members can view your email address. You can either share it with specific users or make it visible to all premium members.

4. Can I change my email address visibility settings at any time?

Yes, you can change your email address visibility settings at any time. You can make it visible to all premium members, select specific users to share it with, or make it completely private.

5. Will my email address be used for any other purposes?

No, your email address will only be used for communication purposes between you and other premium members. It will not be shared with any third parties or used for marketing purposes.