Viewing email address of WhatsApp contacts

• Thread starter akerkarprashant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary: WhatsApp was created just to register by phone number. You can't add an email address because WhatsApp was not created to register by email address.
akerkarprashant
TL;DR Summary
Can i view email address of my WhatsApp contacts?
Can i view email address of my WhatsApp contacts?

I am unable to view email address since the signing up was done using phone number by my contacts?
If the Sign up was done by the contact using email address,then i would have been able to view his/her email address ?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

[Mentor Note -- Image of WhatsApp contact deleted because it displays personal information]

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
If they didn't give you the email information, I don't see how you can find it using their phone number. They might not have an email address or it is more likely that they might have several. You can send them a phone text message. You would need to find out what phone carrier they use and each carrier has a way to send messages to their customer phones. They usually have an SMS gateway and an MMS gateway. MMS has more capability.

Sending text message from PC
1) get their phone service provider at carrierlookup.com ( Phone# => T-mobile => SMS gateway: tmomail.net
OR use http://freesmsgateway.info/ to look up SMS gateway
(can get a free SW at https://github.com/typpo/textbelt )
2) email to nnnnnnnnn.ccccc (n=phone#; c=carrier SMS gateway)
keep text under 160 characters.

Carrier SMS gateway domain MMS gateway domain
Alltel [insert 10-digit number]@message.alltel.com [insert 10-digit number]@mms.alltelwireless.com
AT&T [insert 10-digit number]@txt.att.net [insert 10-digit number]@mms.att.net
Boost Mobile [insert 10-digit number]@myboostmobile.com [insert 10-digit number]@myboostmobile.com
Cricket Wireless [insert 10-digit number]@sms.cricketwireless.net [insert 10-digit number]@mms.cricketwireless.net
Project Fi [insert 10-digit number]@msg.fi.google.com [insert 10-digit number]@msg.fi.google.com
Sprint [insert 10-digit number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com [insert 10-digit number]@pm.sprint.com
T-Mobile [insert 10-digit number]@tmomail.net [insert 10-digit number]@tmomail.net
U.S. Cellular [insert 10-digit number]@email.uscc.net [insert 10-digit number]@mms.uscc.net
Verizon [insert 10-digit number]@vtext.com [insert 10-digit number]@vzwpix.com
Virgin Mobile [insert 10-digit number]@vmobl.com [insert 10-digit number]@vmpix.com
Republic Wireless [insert 10-digital number]@text.republicwireless.com

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateway for the full list

Likes WWGD and akerkarprashant
Thanks for your reply.

Of course, if I send my contacts requesting them for their email address, they will definitely provide me.

My point was, when we sign up with WhatsApp, there is no option of adding email address for your profile created?

There is a option in LinkedIn, Facebook apps where you can add email address in your profile created. This is not a mandatory field but a optional field.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Thanks.

I got a workaround in WhatsApp. In About Field, i can specify my email address for others to view my contact and send me email at my email address.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

[Mentor Note -- Image of WhatsApp contact deleted because it displays personal information]

Last edited by a moderator:
akerkarprashant said:
Thanks for your reply.

Of course, if I send my contacts requesting them for their email address, they will definitely provide me.

My point was, when we sign up with WhatsApp, there is no option of adding email address for your profile created?

There is a option in LinkedIn, Facebook apps where you can add email address in your profile created. This is not a mandatory field but a optional field.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
This is because WhatsApp was created just to register by phone number
Which is why you don't get a box to add any emails to WhatsApp
In which you can let others see your email address...

Last edited:
Likes akerkarprashant

1. How can I view the email address of a WhatsApp contact?

To view the email address of a WhatsApp contact, go to the chat screen and tap on the contact's name or profile picture at the top. Then, select "View Contact" and scroll down to find the email address listed under the "Info" section.

2. Can I view the email address of a WhatsApp contact if it is not listed in their profile?

No, if the email address is not listed in the contact's profile, then it is not available to view. WhatsApp does not provide a way to access a contact's email address if they have not chosen to share it.

3. Why can't I see the email address of a WhatsApp contact even though I know they have one?

If you are unable to see the email address of a WhatsApp contact, it is likely because they have not added it to their profile or have chosen not to share it. It is also possible that the contact has not verified their email address with their WhatsApp account.

4. Is it possible to view the email addresses of multiple WhatsApp contacts at once?

No, WhatsApp does not have a feature that allows you to view the email addresses of multiple contacts at once. You will need to view each contact's profile individually to see their email address.

5. Can I edit or change the email address of a WhatsApp contact?

No, you cannot edit or change the email address of a WhatsApp contact. The email address listed in their profile is the one they have chosen to share and is linked to their WhatsApp account.